Sexiest and Ugliest Tanks of WWII

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I'm surprised nobody's brought up the entirely bedazzled T34-85 tank in the Blackpink video 'Ddu-du ddu-du' (the title is meant to represent gunfire, BTW). No Blackpink fans in your area?

blackpink.jpg

unnamed.jpg

That takes the Cake for a sexy tank! Maybe not too scary, but definitely sexy!

12 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

There is no such thing as a grammar Nazi. The pathetic phrase is a ****ing insult to the millions murdered by Mad Addy and his cronies.

I'll take that as I'm not supposed to use the word "Nazi".  I apologize most profusely for insulting you and the murdered millions.  I shall take myself out behind the woodshed right now.

18 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I'm surprised nobody's brought up the entirely bedazzled T34-85 tank in the Blackpink video 'Ddu-du ddu-du' (the title is meant to represent gunfire, BTW). No Blackpink fans in your area?

blackpink.jpg

unnamed.jpg

The shopping bags hanging on the gun are a necessary addition to any tank that looks like that.

Regarding Prob Bob's youtube lecture above. My old dad always said "Never trust the Liberal Democrats, they're just as bad as The Tories". And sadly he was proven right just a couple of months before he died in 2010.

Meanwhile here is a tank, maybe not sexy enough for the willy scalders amongst you, but it did a decent job in the Western Desert.   ...   

Matilda_II_Tank_A12_England_1941.jpg

"I can't find FartyTrollers anywhere on this bleedin' map".

Edited by Warts 'n' all

For WW I (and maybe mass produced tanks in general), the hands down winner for ugliest, in my view, at least, is the St. Chamond. Not only does is look ugly, stupid and ungainly, but from a functional aspect, it seems optimized for taking core samples out of the far wall of a trench when crossing!

Char_St_Chamond_tank.jpg

The Cromwell baffles me. As a tank that looks martial? Full marks. But as a design I'd want to go to war in? Seems to me that the positive aspects of the Crusader, all those sloping surfaces, were abandoned utterly, resulting in an armored box whose only real armor slope on upper hull and above was the glacis plate, a device for assisting arriving projectiles to hit the driver's plate. with everything else vertical. Compared to a Crusader, the Cromwell was a super tank.

Regards,

John Kettler

8 hours ago, Freyberg said:

What is that?? A Sherman with a tumour?!

That is a version of the M6 American heavy tank. Or at least it was based on an M6. Not many were made and it was so heavy that Eisenhower said No Thank You. We don't want it. 

The original tank had guns and machine guns sticking out everywhere. Someone who knows a little more about it might elaborate. 

7 hours ago, John Kettler said:

repainted (including hot pink overall) T-34/85 in some UK park

A park is something of an over statement. It is actually on a piece of waste ground just off the Old Kent Road. Not far from where Brian Epstein used to get beaten up when he went out looking for rough trade. It is seen here sporting a blend of NHS blue, rainbows, hearts and a poppy. It reminds me of the days when County Hall would be "adorned" with the number of unemployed, just to piss off the Milk Snatcher.   ...    

1920px-Stompie_Nov_2020_(1).jpg