Colorized pic of a Sherman Firefly from an identified Canada's 21st Armoured Regiment unit in Germany April/May 1945

A Canadian 17 Pounder Sherman (Firefly) of the 21st Armoured Regt. (The Governor General's Foot Guards) in Wissel, Germany. March/April, 1945.

The tank appears to be fitted with an 8-tube smoke discharger I've never seen before. It's a fine study of a combat vehicle and building damage at excellent resolution.

hxmvhop6dg971.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Regards,

John Kettler

On a separate note, brother George has identified this particular Firefly as a Mark IC (Hybrid). It's hybrid because it has a cast glacis and differential drive housing, but all the rest of the tank is welded. Never knew such a thing existed until today, and leave to my eagle eyed brother to a) spot it and b) quiz me about it publicly of the CoC FB page.

When I first saw Henkel's, my brain interpreted it as Heinkel's, a decidedly odd thing to put on a public sign on the side of a building.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler