Chicken of the Sea on Steroids!

Mods,

Am posting this here because this is the only Forum specifically addressing the modern Ukraine situation. By all means move it if some other Forum is better.

While this is naval in nature, presuming the information is true, it looks like Putin has dramatically upped the stakes ref control of the Black Sea and the Russian views on the waters around the Crimean peninsula.

The video title is overblown, and the keyframe is deliberate clickbait of the most sensational sort, but it got my attention, and I'm glad I saw this video.

Speaking as someone fairly familiar with how Chicken of the Sea was played during the Cold War, things have definitely gotten much hotter. Never have I heard of either side using cannon fire, much less aerial bombs, to drive the other side away. Historically, Chicken of the Sea was a who blinks first fight for right of way or trying to mess with a carrier conducting flight ops. But if the info in this video is correct, this Chicken of the Sea incident, which occurred during a Freedom of Navigation mission, could easily have gone south--clear down to Antarctica! Frankly, this video rattled me.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

12 minutes ago, Zeleban said:

there was no shooting, it's just another cheap Russian propaganda

The shooting took place - see the September is coming topic with Russian video, when their Coast Guard ship fires three times after Defender, which overtook it )

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

The shooting took place - see the September is coming topic with Russian video, when their Coast Guard ship fires three times after Defender, which overtook it )

The clip you posted is not working for me so still not seen any firing? 

There was acknowledgement that there was military test firing away from the ship, but that could be obfuscation by the British? 

41 minutes ago, Holien said:

The clip you posted is not working for me so still not seen any firing? 

There was acknowledgement that there was military test firing away from the ship, but that could be obfuscation by the British? 

Hm... It finished at once - try to open it in youtube. I did it, all works fine. 

PS. If you click on "repeat" after video suddenly terminated, the video will play properly in the forum window.

PPS. I renewed the link - all works fine in the window.

Edited by Haiduk