Very Interesting

I was working at a defense show the other year. A client had some gear mounted on a vehicle that they had to make sure they absolutely did not turn on by accident, because the bill for fried mobile phones would be astronomical. And it wasn't aimed at mobile phones. Drone denial around airports is a different animal to drone denial in a battlespace...

Maybe they can figure out a way to direct the microwaves in specific directions or arcs from which the drone threat is coming from. As for the frying of mobile phones, I think the military has just come up with a solution for soldiers making tic tok videos.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 11:46 PM, db_zero said:

Maybe they can figure out a way to direct the microwaves in specific directions or arcs from which the drone threat is coming from

If one can do this one can get at least a coarse track on an F-35/F-22. Not so many nations have this capability :) 

On 6/26/2021 at 8:40 PM, womble said:

I was working at a defense show the other year. A client had some gear mounted on a vehicle that they had to make sure they absolutely did not turn on by accident, because the bill for fried mobile phones would be astronomical. And it wasn't aimed at mobile phones.

I'd rather care more about MW relays.THAT would foot quite a bill if one factors is the inevitable consequences :)