Finding the Target Reference Points

How do you find them quickly in a game? In the setup round (when I don't really need them since I'll be allowed one free set of indirect fires), they are very visible with floating icons. Said floating icons disappear (for me at least) once the game start, so I'm left with trying to find tiny red Xs on a vast battlefield. Does anyone have a better technique than just desperately searching for tiny red Xs?

If you've got a unit that's not going anywhere for a bit (I'll often choose the highest level HQ), give it "Pause indefinitely" order, then give it waypoints to each of the TRPs. Then when you "Show all movement paths", you can see where they are. As and when you need to actually move your TRP-keeper, you can usually find another unit that'll be static for a bit to hand over to.

Depending on what you're doing with the TRPs, you can spread the "responsibility" out.

As an extra wrinkle, you can put 50m target arcs at each of the waypoints so that you can actually see where the TRP's benenfits apply. Best if this is done when the spotter you're going to use to call in to the TRP is (one of) the one(s) with a waypoint on it.

17 hours ago, womble said:

As an extra wrinkle, you can put 50m target arcs at each of the waypoints so that you can actually see where the TRP's benenfits apply. Best if this is done when the spotter you're going to use to call in to the TRP is (one of) the one(s) with a waypoint on it.

Below is a screenshot of womble's technique in action in the CMBN scenario Assault on Port Cros.   

MMRUwF5h.jpg

15 hours ago, domfluff said:

I use this, which helps me:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cmbn-other/cmbn-hi-vis-trps-by-juju/

The option I've been using is the plain white one, which I've found easier to spot from a distance.

The mod says it's for CMBN, but one would think it would work in all titles.  Can't think why TRP's would be different.