Saved Game not shown in the list

Gents,

I am playing Operation Linnett PBEM since a while now. Unfotunately now after 40 Turns or so, my oppo´s game file does not show up  in the saved games list. With a bit more than 60MB it is a larger file, indeed. But up to now, the scenario worked perfectly for us. Does anybody know how to solve that? I don't think that I have ever seen that before.

Assume you've checked all the usual blunder-possibilities?  Like putting the file in the right game but wrong folder, or in the wrong game but right folder etc. etc.?  Is the name of the file actually new?  Does it show up if you change it to another name?  Are the preceding saves also 60MB as this would suggest size is not the problem?

I'm sure you have you my friend so sorry if I'm stating the obvious 😉.

40 minutes ago, IanL said:

Also CMBN is at version 4.03. Do you both have that version or the same older one? That's the other way a file will not show up - if it was generated by a newer version of the game.

Thanks for the try.

We are playing since years and Linnett now since months. So, yes, the Version should be the same. In fact, I have another game against the same oppo running, which works as it should.

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

Assume you've checked all the usual blunder-possibilities?  Like putting the file in the right game but wrong folder, or in the wrong game but right folder etc. etc.?  Is the name of the file actually new?  Does it show up if you change it to another name?  Are the preceding saves also 60MB as this would suggest size is not the problem?

I'm sure you have you my friend so sorry if I'm stating the obvious 😉.

Thanks for the try, too.

I quickly checked the file size. It’s more less the same for the recent files. Mostly 63 MB, though I found one with 65.

And I just now tried with a renamed file, but had no luck with it.

Sounds like a case for @BFCElvis

The most common cause of this is when someone patches and the other player doesn't. Like @IanL said, different versions. But you said you double checked that and even have another game going. It's very rare but it could be a corrupted file. The only cure for that is to replay the turn and see if it generates a better file.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

The most common cause of this is when someone patches and the other player doesn't. Like @IanL said, different versions. But you said you double checked that and even have another game going. It's very rare but it could be a corrupted file. The only cure for that is to replay the turn and see if it generates a better file.

Thanks @BFCElvis. Let‘s hope it works, I was starting to win. 🤓

BTW, now that you guys mention it: I have seen this before. Years ago during a version change.

Another BTW: is there a practical limit for the save game file size?

Edited by StieliAlpha

On 6/24/2021 at 4:34 PM, StieliAlpha said:

Another BTW: is there a practical limit for the save game file size?

In directly. CM on Windows can only use 4Gb of memory. I have no idea how bit a turn file would be that would load up and use all the memory but I have played turns in the 120Mb range so you are a ways away from that even.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 9:30 PM, BFCElvis said:

After a long holiday „interruption“. After replaying the last good file we found, it looks like we are back in business.

Let‘s hope we can bring Operation Linnett to an end. Only 2h 16min to go….