Option to Purchase Combat Mission Manuals Separately on the Storefront

Probus

19 hours ago, Erwin said:

I was also intrigued by the "Trump Tank" card "game.  Wasn't sure if that was like"Up Front" or merely an informational set of card.

Well my spousal unit wants to do things "together", but  just laughs at me when I suggest a war game...

10 hours ago, Probus said:

Same here. On both points. 

Erm, I have to admit to having the Trump Tanks card game as well. Same thought process went into it's purchase, was a stocking filler last Christmas along with a pair of Tank Museum socks ... This game at least had one outing - she says I cheat 'cos I know so much about the tanks already!?!

It's a top trumps game (nothing to do with a certain former President), one has to choose a category from the first card of your stack eg speed, armour etc, and blurt it out to which the other player(s) has to say what the first card in their stack has in that category, best wins (trumps), player who wins the hand gets the cards to add to their stack, repeat until one players has all the cards. Maus armour versus British MkI anybody?

Looks like what WW2 tankers would have loved to have as ID cards.  Actually, they would be useful for BF to sell so that newbies could get up to speed quicker.  The plethora of tanks in CM2 must be very confusing for anyone who hasn't been playing variations of CM for the last couple of decades.

21 hours ago, Erwin said:

Looks like what WW2 tankers would have loved to have as ID cards.  Actually, they would be useful for BF to sell so that newbies could get up to speed quicker.  The plethora of tanks in CM2 must be very confusing for anyone who hasn't been playing variations of CM for the last couple of decades.

Hah, kinda. The cards are an odd mix of everything from the Mk1 to the Abrams with oddities like the Maus thrown in for good measure, bit of something for every era and taste. Personally I was raised on a diet of Airfix kits and plastic truppen, Battle comics, a mad music teacher who was a tankee with the Desert Rats in WW2, and micro tanks, bred to play CM!

On 6/30/2021 at 2:37 AM, Erwin said:

The plethora of tanks in CM2 must be very confusing for anyone who hasn't been playing variations of CM for the last couple of decades.

Some people might have prior knowledge of tanks or might have been playing other games 😉.  Whatever the background I would say CM2 is by far the best game of this type that I've found.

28 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Lovely.  I was at the Tank Museum a couple of weeks ago, always a huge pleasure.  I did however forget to buy socks 😁.

Lucky!!!  Next time I'm in the UK I'm going to time it with one of those events in which they drive a bunch of different tanks around a circle. My wife would love to go to one (or avoid it completely) 😆

Edited by Probus

1 hour ago, Probus said:

Lucky!!!  Next time I'm in the UK I'm going to time it with one of those events in which they drive a bunch of different tanks around a circle. My wife would love to go to one (or avoid it completely) 😆

Let me know and I'll meet you there my friend 😉.

1 hour ago, Probus said:

And don't even get me started on German Half-track variants!

We need a silhouette chart to learn by rote, like what they used in WW2 for school kids to spot aircraft.

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

I did however forget to buy socks

Missed out big time; they're thin and a bit synthetic, and the tanks are unrecognisable. I also snagged a TM Christmas jumper last year, trust me when I say don't even think about it. Someone needs to have serious words with the TM marketing dept about quality ...I guess it's all for a good cause though.

1 hour ago, Probus said:

Ooh yes! I have nice photos of me and the wife with a Sherman tear-assing around the arena in the background. She still reminds me frequently that we went there on HER birthday ... we did visit Thomas Hardy's cottage and had a nice Dorset cream tea as well, a bit of give and take! If you do make it to the UK try to coincide with their Tiger Day when they bring 131 out to play, usually in July I believe.

• 1 month later...