Double Kill... TIMES FIVE!!

6 hours ago, Codreanu said:

Wait, you can take out tanks with a flamethrower? Will it actually fire on it by itself or do you have to target the ground around it? Is it an insta-kill like it is versus infantry?

If I remember I had to Target the vehicle with the flamethrower and it was not an insta-kill. All it's hatches were open. Should have been easy, but I don't think that's how it works. The Crew had already skiddadled. 

6 hours ago, Codreanu said:

I know, I've played the game quite a bit (which makes my lack of skill even sadder), I've just never gotten a flamethrower team close enough to a tank to see what would happen.

It's a lot easier when the crew have already abandoned the tank. If I remember correctly, the tank didn't cook off immediately. I had to spray it down a couple times?!?  It was in Final Blitzkrieg so I don't know what the FT vs AFV rules are. There was A LOT of fire going on but the FT was somewhat protected in a building very close. 

The flamethrower was using incindiary paint ball (IPB) ammunition. 

Edited by Probus

10 hours ago, Codreanu said:

never gotten a flamethrower team close enough to a tank to see what would happen

Using flamers is very hard.  You'd think they wold be great for short range combat.  But in the game they get killed quickly if the enemy is not suppressed.  In the game one has to suppress any enemy that could fire at the flamer, so that it can be safely brought up into range.  Of course if one can do that, you just as easily bring up an assault team/squad to kill the enemy.  

AFV flamers are much more useful.