CMSF2-Afghanistan 'All in One'

Okay, the CMSF2-Afghanistan 'All in One' is now ready for release.

The modpack itself is a further refinement of the 'initial beta' released back in April & is, at its most basic, a merger between CMA & @Zveroboy1's SF2 Afghanistan work.

Changes mostly involve further tweaks of the CMA terrain to better fit with CMSF2, @Mord's original CMA & CMSF portraits as well as various ISIF tags have been added to the UI, the Soundscape is being upgraded to v1.6 (thanks to @waclaw's HQS 4.0), the uniform mix has been altered, (@Oleksandr's uniforms are now the ones often activated by the [mountains] tag), bridges & highways have been tweaked, @Pete Wenman's rural stone walls have been added & a new lowlands background is being used (sourced with the help of @Erwin).

The marsh to water & rudimentary dutch ANA mods have been deleted as they're no longer needed & @Zveroboy1's green ANP pick-ups are now activated by tag [anppu].

In terms of content, I've collated all CMSF & CMSF2 Afghanistan scenarios & campaigns I could find (including a few french ones, now translated, thanks to help by @CMFDR).

The SF2 stuff, by @Zveroboy1 & @puje, has been left almost entirely untouched however the CMSF scenarios & campaigns (including @dragonwynn's 'Heart of Darkness') have all been given a lick of paint... mostly by the simple method of swapping marsh into water tiles.

I've also converted the eight CMA quick battle maps by @Stagler for use with CMSF2 & the 'All in One'.

In total, there's two campaigns (19 scenarios between them), 37 single scenarios* & the 8 quick battle maps.

I was hoping to make some original stuff this year but that'll have to wait for another time.

Anyhow, here's the download link (I advise adding the modpack to an empty mod folder only)...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7ignwwd9fo8aue/zzzzCMSF2-Afghanistan.7z/file

... and here's the eye candy...

XoNGJpx.jpg

pQEphz2.jpg

i9IU7JK.jpg

Ioc1Mje.jpg

vqkNJV6.jpg

epbARHj.jpg

uVu8d3F.jpg

4x2DUKS.jpg

2st4Ko2.jpg

QotzMcj.jpg

F827L2Q.jpg

*About a third of these are by @Combatintman

AWESOME WORK!  CMA is still the favorite of so many of us.  Thanks...

Re "I advise adding the modpack to an empty mod folder only)..."

Does this interfere with Olek's and MikeyD's vehicles and Olek's uniforms and other Muj camo etc?

Edited by Erwin

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, nox_plague said:

@37mm  Amazing looking.  I need to purchase SF2 to play this.  Do I need to buy the complete bundle (SF2, Marines, British, NATO) to play this fully?

IIRC many scenarios & campaigns require the British module.

• 5 weeks later...

Playing the 'Joint Venture' scenario by @afreu alongside the "All in One"...

... I originally thought this was a scenario by @Combatintman however a google search made me aware of my error (they have a very similiar briefing style though).

It was great fun, a really brutal scenario.

I am slowly implementing a "rudimentary vehicle weathering" technique for the CMSF2 vehicles... so you can expect an eventual update to the pack later this year.

• 1 month later...

Hey @37mm - I couldn't think of or find a better place to ask this, but I use your all-in-one packs for the CMSF2 / CMBS. In CMBS I noticed that when I have infantry inside buildings, the windows remain solid and opaque. I miss not being able to see out them! Is there a certain mod that's doing this that I could remove? I initially thought it might be kieme's modular building HD mod, but when I removed that the issue still remains.

I'm stumped!

noopenwindows.thumb.jpg.4e1df4ec3d2bbd99968bb2d224c8e46a.jpg

3 hours ago, RescueToaster said:

In CMBS I noticed that when I have infantry inside buildings, the windows remain solid and opaque. I miss not being able to see out them!

I've noticed the same thing but unsure what the issue is... I too assumed it was a mod.

12 hours ago, 37mm said:

I've noticed the same thing but unsure what the issue is... I too assumed it was a mod.

I'll try to figure it out with trial and error, removing a mod every day until I can find the culprit. I'll be sure to post back when I do find out what the cause is

By the way, thank you for your mod collections - they are greatly appreciated!

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2023 at 6:36 PM, Rangoon said:

Does this include the original campaign(s) from CMA? If there will never be a CMA2, this mod pack seems like a godsend. 

As per the OP... no.

This AiO revolves around the Afghanistan content made for SF & SF2 which is almost entirely GWOT.

You might be interested to know that this AiO will be updated soon as part of a full proper SF2 "All in One"...