WITE-2: thoughts and opinions?

5 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Yo, Dudes, take a breath. 

All for it but Mr Strawman butts in off topic at other people's posts. I am in an interracial marriage and frankly speaking how people use the English language leaves me cold. Some nationalities are more sympathetic than others if that is racism so be it.  

3 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Aussie prisoners building RR in burma.

Go to the Museum in Bandung Indonesia it is the site of the original POW camp. Not only Aussie prisoners all nationalities were there. 

Burma-Thailand Railway

Australian prisoners of war on Java under Dunlop's command were transferred later that year to Singapore. Here Dunlop clashed with Lt Colonel Galleghan (commander of the 8th Australian Division troops in Changi) over Dunlop's authority as a non-combatant commander.

On 20 January 1943 he left Singapore for Thailand in charge of "Dunlop Force" to work on the Burma-Thailand railway. He remained there until the war ended, labouring tirelessly to save wounded, sick and malnourished men. Many times he put his own life at risk as he stood up to the brutality of his Japanese captors. Though not the only medical officer to act in this selfless way, his name was to become a legend among Australian prisoners of war and an inspiration for their own survival. Throughout his captivity and at great personal risk Dunlop recorded his experiences in his diaries.

On 27 September 1945 Dunlop was appointed Lt Colonel. Returning to Australia in October 1945 he was demobilised on 1 February 1946, transferring to the Reserve List of Officers with the rank of Honorary Colonel. Before demobilisation he had been working (since 10 December 1945) with Brigadier Blackburn at Army Headquarters as Assistant Director of Medical Services to Blackforce. Here his work was driven by a desire to obtain a level of justice for former prisoners of war.

Ref: Biographical note: Sir (Ernest) Edward "Weary" Dunlop | Australian War Memorial (awm.gov.au)

27 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Australian POW's were very tasty and good eating according to Japanese soldiers who were made prisoner. This information can be found at the Australian war memorial museum in Canberra. You shout your wisdom of the rooftops civil people send each other a mail. You won't bother and in your case I won't bother either. 

wtf are you going on about now? Not exactly showing how you think the expression is benign.

I should know better than to go down the rabbit hole with folks like you.  

and it is FROM the rooftop.  Not OF the rooftop.  christ.

4 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Sorry, that is derogatory in American English only. I gave examples above.  

For someone who sure loves to tell anyone and everyone how things are according to your worldview, you surely don't have much of a clue about American attitudes towards the Japanese in the 30s and 40s.

Pro tip: instead of continuing to make yourself look like an utter fool, just keep your comments to yourself. 

7 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

American attitudes towards the Japanese in the 30s and 40s.

I don't really care, you overrate the American attitude. World War2 Allied with Ho Chi Minh Cold War enemy with Ho Chi Minh friends with Japan. Now you deal with people who once have enemies they have them for the next thousand years. Pro tip? You? Don't make me laugh. Kind regards. My Pro Tip stay on topic it is WITE-2 it means War In The East 2 it is not my thread and neither it is yours. We are a War-Gaming Community not a political one. 

Edited by chuckdyke

11 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

...... frankly speaking how people use the English language leaves me cold. Some nationalities are more sympathetic than others if that is racism so be it.  

14 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Sorry, that is derogatory in American English only. I gave examples above.  

We are an American company. Our forum uses English. We have no subforums for other languages. We determine what is inappropriate on our forum. I thought that yesterday I had clearly said this was not appropriate. That was not said as an invitation to argue or discuss whether it should be acceptable here or not. It was said to clearly state that it is not acceptable. Period. End of discussion.

We think of everyone on our forum as guests. We want everyone to feel comfortable and have a good time while here. If one guests offends other guests it isn't for the offensive guest to argue about how he isn't offensive in other situations. It's to say to themselves "ya know what? I think I just won't reply to this because clearly people are getting offended." When the offending guest continues to double down on not seeing that, the host (to continue the analogy) should say "ya know what? Maybe you better leave. Maybe play some golf, take a walk, or somefink. Think about it so that when you come to the next get together at this house you'll keep this in mind."

As feared, it has gone terribly off the rails. Locking and giving a small vacation.