Real ISU-152 & NO music (until it leaves) to drown out the sounds it makes

To me, this is glorious to see and hear. It even shoots, which is more than I can say for a privately owned one which was savaged by a nonchalantly applied cutting torch used on the underside of the gun barrel about a foot in front of the mantlet. The guy doing it didn't say a word. Just went to work and cut a ragged narrow oval hole clean through the bottom of the gun barrel. Wanted to cry a bit and scream at the same time. Hate to see military artifacts, especially functioning equipment, destroyed like that. And while I understand the Yugoslavian government's position on Nazi relics, I nevertheless  decry, in a separate instance, not only the destruction of rare SS Handschar steel fez helmets by removing the helmet badges altogether, but by the utter inability to restore them later by reassembly, for it's categorically forbidden to send out Nazi emblems, etc. These rare helmets have thus been permanently mutilated. As a lover of history, whether what happened was good, bad, or indifferent, we are the poorer because these rare artifacts have been permanently damaged.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Edited by John Kettler

John, I think we have to take a deep breath and release the anguish about things we can't influence.  I totally agree with you and there are many more subjects of such thoughts (military or otherwise), but we can't do much about them.  Or can we?  Ask me after I've won the lottery 😉.

Nice video by the way...

Vacilllator,

Posting about the ISU-152 above reminded me of the other one, which reminded me of the Handschar thing. I don't sit around stewing over these things, but up they bubbled while making this post, so I sounded off, which was therapeutic, I'm sure. If you did win the lottery, I suspect you'd be hard pressed to bring in an AFV from, say, Yugoslavia, but there's a guy in UK who has absolutely incredible things he's getting from several somewheres. Forget the show, but he had a restored M8 armored car, and 88, a SdKfz 7 and, I think, a Lynx. On one show, he had, so help me, a Panther, and on another, sold a 2 cm FlaK. It was live fired on that episode to prove it worked, too.  My friends and I used to joke during the Cold War that we needed a private island for a tiny nation and would play the west against the east and get war toys from both. 

Regards,

John Kettler