Today's forum change - the elixir of life

It seems to have accompanied the white paint splodges across our portraits, the hiding of 'like totals' and the rounding of post numbers into 'k' once they reach 1000.  Why any of these things have happened I'm not sure?  Possibly in the interests of perceived 'graphic design'?

I'm sure @BFCElvis will know - he obviously has far better things to be doing than answering me, but I haven't bothered him for a while 😉.

EDIT: I forgot to include that our titles have also disappeared.  For example Warts'n'all is no longer a Sad or Dead Puritan, how sad.

Edited by Vacilllator

21 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

It seems to have accompanied the white paint splodges across our portraits, the hiding of 'like totals' and the rounding of post numbers into 'k' once they reach 1000.  Why any of these things have happened I'm not sure?  Possibly in the interests of perceived 'graphic design'?

I'm sure @BFCElvis will know - he obviously has far better things to be doing than answering me, but I haven't bothered him for a while 😉.

EDIT: I forgot to include that our titles have also disappeared.  For example Warts'n'all is no longer a Sad or Dead Puritan, how sad.

Yeah. They had a big upgrade yesterday. I intentionally clicked the button to not change reputation points and stuff like that.....It must have been one of those buttons you click that get ignored. There are also badges, achievements and things like that that can be enabled. I wanted to look into them deeper before turning them on. 

I'm not sure how someone who has had an account for close to 22 years can be a Junior Member. Steve is Junior Member now too.  I plan on spending time today gathering a list of grievances  before contacting them. 

8 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I plan on spending time today gathering a list of grievances  before contacting them. 

Well there are worse things in the world going wrong, but yes it's all a little odd.

Thanks for the answer though, as always 🙂.

And now anyone else please feel free to tell me to get on with playing the game instead - I know it already 😁.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. They had a big upgrade yesterday. I intentionally clicked the button to not change reputation points and stuff like that.....It must have been one of those buttons you click that get ignored. There are also badges, achievements and things like that that can be enabled. I wanted to look into them deeper before turning them on. 

I'm not sure how someone who has had an account for close to 22 years can be a Junior Member. Steve is Junior Member now too.  I plan on spending time today gathering a list of grievances  before contacting them. 

Can it be made possible to for topic-starters to edit the first post indefinitely? No time out. In many forums it is like that. Since the mods-subforums relies on people linking out to other places where the files are hosted. Currently there is no way to correct broken links in the initial announcement/first post. No way to correct or update things.  

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

It's no biggy.   Some folks here clearly felt that their rank and "likes" made them "special" and "entitled" in some way and their opinions more important than others.  So, maybe better that we're all at the same level now.  

Ah, back in my day we knew how to deal with the "entitled".

5 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

Can it be made possible to for topic-starters to edit the first post indefinitely? No time out. In many forums it is like that. Since the mods-subforums relies on people linking out to other places where the files are hosted. Currently there is no way to correct broken links in the initial announcement/first post. No way to correct or update things.  

I'll take a look. A lot of the controls aren't intuitive.  If you ever need help changing a link or somefink drop me a note and I can take of it. 

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

It's no biggy.   Some folks here clearly felt that their rank and "likes" made them "special" and "entitled" in some way and their opinions more important than others.  So, maybe better that we're all at the same level now.  

OH, but I AM "special"!! I know this because the nice man in the white coat sitting across from me says I am ☺️. He should know too. He's been studying me for a long time now and he says I'm one of his most "special" cases... errr, people in his group. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for my meds again (boy, they sure do take care of me here at "The Home"!).

🤪😜😎

(and in case anyone is taking this seriously, don't! I am kidding around here ;)  )

3 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

I'd make people pay a ransom to get their reputation points back.

Well you still have them, it just needs a bit of hovering over the name/portrait to see them, or inspecting the said person's profile. 

While I agree with what's said above I think they made the place look nicer ❤️.  And to use Erwin as an example, with a reputation of 1.2k (not too accurate now, but hey ho) it does indicate to me that he has had a lot of useful / nice / welcoming / whatever input.  Which I know he has, but only from my comparatively limited experience.

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

I'd make people pay a ransom to get their reputation points back.

Excellent idea!! How much is somebody willing to pay me to give me my rep points back (I heard that Vacillator... 😑)??

:D :D   :D  

(jeez, they're gonna ban me from here for sure..., or report me to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Good Humour... 😬)

14 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

I heard that Vacillator

For some reason Glenn it feels like you've been here forever.  I mean that in a good way of course 😁.  And it's not like I've been here that long either.

More seriously, your output of scenarios in a short time has been magnificent.  I'd vote for no ban...

13 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

it feels like you've been here forever

Yup, I hear that a lot, not just from here either... 😆. I think I remember my ex saying that a few (million) times... 🙄 <LOL>

Seriously, thanks - that's nice to hear :) . 

47 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

I fully expect that the member number will be displayed again soon.

The member numbers haven't been displayed in years. Like a lot of years ago. They were replaced by the "Joined" dates. I think that I was member number 134. There are over 40,000 members now. I was proud of my number and bummed when it stopped being displayed. The funny thing that I remember about the numbers was that Steve was like number 23. I always thought "who were the 22 people that joined before him?