CMRT Saved Games will not Overwrite Same Name Files

When I try to save a game in CMRT with an already existing file name, the program will not overwrite the file. I don't get an error from the program and it seems to work as expected, but the date stamp on the file doesn't change nor do the contents when it's reloaded. I haven't played CMRT in months and have not noticed this behavior before.

I checked the folder and file attributes and it's not set to read only. I can save a new save with a new file name, and I can delete the existing file and save a new file with the same name.

Anybody else notice this behavior and/or know of a fix?

Are you not seeing a sequence numbered suffix when you save the game? For example, "scenario name_002"? That number should increase with each save so in fact, you are not overwriting the old file at any time really. That sequence number is generated automatically; it's not something you do yourself (unless you want to).

Edited by Canuck21

2 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

Are you not seeing a sequence numbered suffix when you save the game? For example, "scenario name_002"? That number should increase with each save so in fact, you are not overwriting the old file at any time really. That sequence number is generated automatically; it's not something you do yourself (unless you want to).

Yes the default filename when selecting save is incrementing from XXX to XXX+1, but I don't use the default format. I save by turn number and either Start (immediately after replay ends), Mid (interim saves during my phase), End (right before I hit replay), and replay (during the replay).

As I said, when I try to save a file with the same name, for instance "Scenario Name 005-Mid", it won't overwrite the existing "Scenario Name 005-Mid". It does default to calling the new file "Scenario Name 005-Mid 001" when I select save but I delete the 001 off the end before I select OK.

Hmm, I just tried it on my system now and it worked fine as far as I can tell, but I didn't use the format you are. I'll try it again in an hour or so and see what happens. I'm assuming you aren't putting in any other characters other than what you are showing above. I'll be back in a bit after giving it a try using your system.