Overall Issue with CMBN (+?)

Ok, I've started running into a problem with CMBN, and possibly other games. I don't know about the others as I've not tried them in a bit. I'll be going along fine in a scenario when all of a sudden the rifle sounds will become quite muted. I'll go to save the game, which appears to save ok, and then go to quit the game. However, the quit display screen comes up with the only option being "NO" and that button extends the full way across the quit menu window. When I show the DT and select the CMBN Menu, the option at the bottom is "Quit CMSF", which I don't even have. The only way out at that point is to force quit it. Additionally, the save that appeared to go ok, actually didn't. When I restart the game, that saved game file is not there. The previous one to that is (before the issue started). 

Now, I kind of suspect that it's a mod I have in that may be doing this but I really don't know. It's a working theory as the game worked fine until I started experimenting with mods a week ago. When the rifle sounds diminish in volume, it sounds like I have the original game file rifle sounds back. I say that because one of the mods I have in are the HQS Sounds, which gives you all new rifle sounds. The other mods I have in are the RH Animation Mod, Special Effects Mod (flames v3, hit decals, muzzle fire, muzzle flash, rocket flame, etc.), a Floating Icons mod set, Invisible Icons set, a Terrain Mod set (I believe there are several different mods in that), and a Tweaked UI Mod.

So, my main question here is, has anyone experienced strange behaviour from any of those mods? If not, my next step will be to remove them all then add them back in one at a time. It will be a time consuming project because this doesn't happen every time I play it, although it is happening with increased frequency. It's not impossible that this isn't related to the scenario I'm making as well. When I first made it and saved it, I had another sounds mod installed that made soldiers quieter at night when moving and that too seemed to affect the rifle sounds (as well as other things) and it was right after that the issues started. I removed the mod, but perhaps something got saved in with the file from that mod? I don't know if that can happen. 

Anyway, if anyone has a clue on this here, please let me know. In the mean time I'm going to work on another scenario and I'll see if I get it in that as well. If not I may just scrap this scenario and move on. Thanks in advance :) .

57 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

ll of a sudden the rifle sounds will become quite muted

Strange... While it's very possible that graphics mods may interfere with each other, I do not recall a single instance (in my 14 years playing CM2) of sound mods interfering.

58 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

I had another sounds mod installed that made soldiers quieter at night when moving and that too seemed to affect the rifle sounds (as well as other things) and it was right after that the issues started.

Mods can be in either of two locations:

Admin/My Docs/Battlefront/"Game"/User Data

and "Game"/Data/(Z)  (If you created a Z folder.)

Make sure you don't have mods you forgot about in both.

Should have mentioned I am on the Mac, so we don't have that first folder you mention :D . Either way, yes, everything is in the Z folder, and within their own folders within the Z folder.

I just played a full default scenario with those mods (minus that one Quiet Sounds mod) with no trouble. I have a suspicion that I corrupted the scenario I was making somehow. I'm just going to kill it and start over with that one. I have another that I had started earlier and I don't know if I had that mod I suspected of being the issue installed or not. I doubt it so I may be ok with that one. I'll find out later today I guess. If that one goes ok, then I'm pretty convinced it's to do with this one scenario that I've been working on. I hope so.

Thanks Erwin, appreciate your input. That helps.