Issues installing CMBN - UI not found.

Hi,

I want to install my copy of CMBN on my laptop (WIN 10). When I try to load from either the disk or the downloaded CMBN.exe I get a dialog box saying "Error - UI not found".  I've tried the disk and downloaded versions both get same message. 

Any ideas much appreciated.   

PS: I have all the addons DLC's plus updates to Engine 4 but if i cant get past the first .exe then I'm buggered.

CMBN-install-Fail.jpg

It looks like you're attempting to install starting with a version 1.x installer. Those do NOT work with Windows 10 due to the copy-protection not working properly with Windows 10. Instead, download the 4.0 Upgrade installer, which should be an all-in-one installer (all modules and patches). You will need to use the 3.0 Upgrade, 4.0 Upgrade and all of the module license keys you have to activate the game typically using the 'Activate Modules' shortcut that will be either on your desktop or within the game's main executable folder.

2 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

It looks like you're attempting to install starting with a version 1.x installer. Those do NOT work with Windows 10 due to the copy-protection not working properly with Windows 10. Instead, download the 4.0 Upgrade installer, which should be an all-in-one installer (all modules and patches). You will need to use the 3.0 Upgrade, 4.0 Upgrade and all of the module license keys you have to activate the game typically using the 'Activate Modules' shortcut that will be either on your desktop or within the game's main executable folder.

To confirm that this worked for me. If your collection doesn't extend to the later versions, you'll have to buy 'em, as far as I can see. But that's probably something you want to do anyway, and it's relatively cheap.

4 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Thanks Schrullenhaft, will give it a go.