Scenario --- "Baumholder Army Airfield '85"

This is my first completed CMCW scenario and I'm hoping that it will be the 1st scenario in a campaign I am writing up the outline for. It does fall outside of the 79-82 CMCW module timeline (is set in July 1985). More details will be found in the Designer's Notes but in the end, I hope all who played this scenario got some enjoyment out of it. I welcome any feedback people are willing to provide.

It's designed for "Play as BLUE vs AI only (only the RED force has AI plans - x3). At some point I would like to tweak it for play as either side and H2H but we'll see as I'll need to learn some more stuff I'm sure.

Full description and download link are at: CC-s01 Baumholder Army Airfield!

Ok, just finished this one.  A small 40 minute scenario w/US having about 2 platoons of infantry and MPs plus 2 M-48s, 6 M-113s and some HumVs.  Myself, I really enjoy these smaller scenarios allowing close focus on the terrain and troop positioning.  It was an excellent tactical exercise  and the map offered several possible tactical approaches.

-------------------Spoilers--------------------

It didn't take me very long to lose 1 of my 2 M-48s and a M-113 to an ATGM.  Still I was able to take both bridges against stubborn resistance.  The final assault to take the airfield was much tougher with a massive firefight as my infantry took substantial casualties.  Initially it seemed I was losing the fight for fire superiority but despite losing a couple M-113 HMG gunners very quickly and those heavy infantry losses, finally gained superiority.  The M-113 .50cal HMGs were decisive with the M-48 also making a substantial contribution.   The battle was won by the 10 minute mark but the last 10 minutes were necessary to clear out the last remaining airfield defenders for the points.  Ended up with a major US victory.  Losses were significant losing 1 of 2 M-48s, 1/3 of my infantry and 1 of my 6 M-113s.  

--------------------------------------------------------

This scenario was a lot of fun and a good tactical exercise.  Definitely two thumbs up!!!

Edited by FogForever

On 6/8/2021 at 1:24 AM, FogForever said:

Ok, just finished this one.  A small 40 minute scenario w/US having about 2 platoons of infantry and MPs plus 2 M-48s, 6 M-113s and some HumVs.  Myself, I really enjoy these smaller scenarios allowing close focus on the terrain and troop positioning.  It was an excellent tactical exercise  and the map offered several possible tactical approaches.

--------------------------------------------------------

This scenario was a lot of fun and a good tactical exercise.  Definitely two thumbs up!!!

Should be M60A3 TTSs, M-113s and some Jeeps. Glad to see you were able to get a good result and enjoyed it. I know it seem to be a little easy to some, but the intent is for this to be the lead in scenario for a campaign I'm working on and refit/repair of losses will be little to none.