Jump to content

Extremely Low Frames when All Units are On Screen


Recommended Posts


I'm getting around 2 FPS when I'm analyzing my forces in the Citadel mission in the Cold War US Campaign. This is making the deployment phase unplayable. 

Here are my specs:

Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor               3.40 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti



More discussion can be found on this thread: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are you using to 'set a high priority for the CPU' for CM ? What video driver version are you using (though I'm not aware of any particular version that may be problematic) ? What do you have running in the background (apps, utilities, etc.) ? Are you overclocking your CPU beyond what it may do in turbo/boost (usually via BIOS settings or an overclocking program) ? While overclocking will usually be beneficial, occasionally it can backfire and potentially hinder performance. Though that would seem rare, it is a possibility.

Do you have a 'profile' for your CM games setup in the Nvidia Control Panel (usually they will have to be set for each program individually) ? If so, what are the settings ? Some of these can supposedly override the game settings, if set as such. Do you have 'vertical sync' setup within either the CMCW game options or the possible Nvidia profile ? If so, then disable that and see if it helps some; though with such a low frame rate is may not be doing anything.

With very large scenarios the CPU can be a significant part of the performance limitation. Trying to minimize the number of programs and utilities that are loaded up might be one of the more helpful things to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

What are you using to 'set a high priority for the CPU' for CM ?

Task Manager.
 

20 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

What video driver version are you using (though I'm not aware of any particular version that may be problematic) ?


NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, Driver Version: 27.21.14.6647

20 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

What do you have running in the background (apps, utilities, etc.) ?


Nothing running in the background to the best of my knowledge. 

20 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Are you overclocking your CPU beyond what it may do in turbo/boost (usually via BIOS settings or an overclocking program) ?


No.

20 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Do you have a 'profile' for your CM games setup in the Nvidia Control Panel (usually they will have to be set for each program individually) ? If so, what are the settings ? 


image.png.045929ffd3ed4e8b5c654eaeade46344.pngimage.png.dc8bd5df6e41702140d50c8cd71b6ac3.pngimage.png.f44ad85f755ec522303fceda925eb56b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing that could help is selecting your NVIDIA card under the OpenGL rendering GPU option. Or at least that makes sure it's actually using your 1070 for OpenGL. Also IIRC threaded optimization should be off for CM, while enabling triple buffering.

And indeed it might be worthwile to try and disable VSYNC both ingame and in the Nvidia settings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

One thing that could help is selecting your NVIDIA card under the OpenGL rendering GPU option. Or at least that makes sure it's actually using your 1070 for OpenGL. Also IIRC threaded optimization should be off for CM, while enabling triple buffering.

And indeed it might be worthwile to try and disable VSYNC both ingame and in the Nvidia settings.

 

Thank you! This helped immensely. I'm getting around 10fps now which obviously isn't ideal but at least its playable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...