Extremely Low Frames when All Units are On Screen

I'm getting around 2 FPS when I'm analyzing my forces in the Citadel mission in the Cold War US Campaign. This is making the deployment phase unplayable. 

Here are my specs:

Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor               3.40 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

More discussion can be found on this thread: 

What are you using to 'set a high priority for the CPU' for CM ? What video driver version are you using (though I'm not aware of any particular version that may be problematic) ? What do you have running in the background (apps, utilities, etc.) ? Are you overclocking your CPU beyond what it may do in turbo/boost (usually via BIOS settings or an overclocking program) ? While overclocking will usually be beneficial, occasionally it can backfire and potentially hinder performance. Though that would seem rare, it is a possibility.

Do you have a 'profile' for your CM games setup in the Nvidia Control Panel (usually they will have to be set for each program individually) ? If so, what are the settings ? Some of these can supposedly override the game settings, if set as such. Do you have 'vertical sync' setup within either the CMCW game options or the possible Nvidia profile ? If so, then disable that and see if it helps some; though with such a low frame rate is may not be doing anything.

With very large scenarios the CPU can be a significant part of the performance limitation. Trying to minimize the number of programs and utilities that are loaded up might be one of the more helpful things to do.

20 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

What are you using to 'set a high priority for the CPU' for CM ?

Task Manager.

What video driver version are you using (though I'm not aware of any particular version that may be problematic) ?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, Driver Version: 27.21.14.6647

What do you have running in the background (apps, utilities, etc.) ?

Nothing running in the background to the best of my knowledge. 

Are you overclocking your CPU beyond what it may do in turbo/boost (usually via BIOS settings or an overclocking program) ?

No.

Do you have a 'profile' for your CM games setup in the Nvidia Control Panel (usually they will have to be set for each program individually) ? If so, what are the settings ? 

image.png.045929ffd3ed4e8b5c654eaeade46344.pngimage.png.dc8bd5df6e41702140d50c8cd71b6ac3.pngimage.png.f44ad85f755ec522303fceda925eb56b.png

One thing that could help is selecting your NVIDIA card under the OpenGL rendering GPU option. Or at least that makes sure it's actually using your 1070 for OpenGL. Also IIRC threaded optimization should be off for CM, while enabling triple buffering.

And indeed it might be worthwile to try and disable VSYNC both ingame and in the Nvidia settings.

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

One thing that could help is selecting your NVIDIA card under the OpenGL rendering GPU option. Or at least that makes sure it's actually using your 1070 for OpenGL. Also IIRC threaded optimization should be off for CM, while enabling triple buffering.

And indeed it might be worthwile to try and disable VSYNC both ingame and in the Nvidia settings.

Thank you! This helped immensely. I'm getting around 10fps now which obviously isn't ideal but at least its playable.