problem of bridge in "Last king of Berlin"

Have you had a problem with the "Last King of Berlin" bridge
see in the picture, after the kubel has been covered by a sdkfz !!!

210530094657392981.jpg

The tiger and a sdkfz passed which saved the game but the other vehicles remained on the other side or in or inside the bridge !!
    on my second try the tiger circled around on the deck before getting stuck in it
I put in the editor an earth level that doesn't visually spoil anything and that seems to have worked

Yeah with all the bridges the fighting is super tough. Berlin maps too. 

I absolutely love the module. Its perfect. But the bridges are bugged. I think it would be wise to consider upgrading to cmx3 than to troubleshoot all the bugs that have come up. 

And if the new engine could import old files... well bfc that would be CASH MONEY for EVERYONE. 

Yes, experienced the same problem.

Make sure save before crossing the bridge.   Only send one vehicle pass through bridge each turn. Don't send on foot infantry and vehicle pass the bridge at the same time, otherwise the infantry will be pushed off the bridge by vehicle just like the screenshot below.  

FJU8sCk.jpg

Edited by Chibot Mk IX

11 minutes ago, Falaise said:

@chuckdyke it's true that it looks more like the swim 😁

Yes @Chibot Mk IX I saw your post, your vehicle passed?

here is my solution!

210531100419638670.jpg

it does not harm the aesthetics too much

210531100419203525.jpg

This allows you to enjoy the scenario without it being spoiled by this bug which is very difficult to remove !

Man you're always improving this game nonstop, you are wild!

17 hours ago, Falaise said:

This allows you to enjoy the scenario without it being spoiled by this bug which is very difficult to remove !

Very need I hope the scenario authors take note of your solution. Hope you get a most liked you deserve it. 

On 5/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, Artkin said:

Yeah with all the bridges the fighting is super tough

I just tried a great little scenario 'Rescue that beast' by @slysniper (thanks it was good fun).  It has one small bridge which my Panthers crossed beautifully first time, but on the way back 'no way Jose', possibly due to some infantry crossing the bridge.  They and the beast diverted through the river bed.  However, to my surprise this worked, and a Total Victory (on Iron) was achieved.  Noticeable to me was effective air support, even if some of it hit an already knocked out tank.

16 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

I just tried a great little scenario 'Rescue that beast' by @slysniper (thanks it was good fun).  It has one small bridge which my Panthers crossed beautifully first time, but on the way back 'no way Jose', possibly due to some infantry crossing the bridge.  They and the beast diverted through the river bed.  However, to my surprise this worked, and a Total Victory (on Iron) was achieved.  Noticeable to me was effective air support, even if some of it hit an already knocked out tank.

Thanks

Well, if you won that on your first go, Excellent job (I figure most will not)

The panthers will fit on the bridge, the King Tiger will not, No matter what it has to take the Gulley. Another little surprise to trick players.

Falaise - nice trick to solve the bridge issue. 

I actually pointed out the issue in beta testing on this scenario to see if they could get it fixed.

It just seems to be a programming thing that they just cannot seem to resolve. I had my King Tiger get stuck on the bridge. I have learned to always save my game before such moves. I went back a turn, played the turn again and had no problems with the bridge.

Its real weird in how its unpredictable as to when bridges screw up. no consistent patterns

6 hours ago, slysniper said:

Well, if you won that on your first go, Excellent job (I figure most will not)

The panthers will fit on the bridge, the King Tiger will not, No matter what it has to take the Gulley. Another little surprise to trick players.

I think I was lucky (in the right place at the right time perhaps, but no more spoilers 🙄). My HTs and infantry didn't fare so well as the panzers...

It's a great scenario and map and an idea well executed. 

23 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Beginner's luck 😁
I, i did not do too badly on the 1st try
not a total victory but a victory all the same, the aviation was decisive !
but the second was a disaster🙄
I did not have a problem with the bridge !!
like  @Vacilllatorthis is exactly the kind of scenario that I like
@slysniper for the "Last King" I tried to restart the backups but nothing has changed, it's really strange 🤪

Its nice to get good feed back after putting forth the effort to create the Scenario.

I personally also wished they would focus on making more small scenarios, but to each his own. I made a small battle and a medium size battle for each of these last two releases. And by far I have received way more feed back as to people enjoying the small battles.

As for winning, Luck never hurts. And since during testing and design I lost more than once to the thing and that's with the knowledge of knowing what's going on. So I know its a hard one to crack. 

The plane can be a big part of that, its like flipping a coin. It can be a big help, or do nothing of value, or even hurt you. 

On 5/31/2021 at 4:08 PM, Falaise said:Yes @Chibot Mk IX I saw your post, your vehicle passed?

here is my solution!

That looks great Falaise!  

Yes, my vehicle passed thanks to my luck, only two infantrymen were pushed off bridge .

But later when I sent one Sdkfz 251 back , try to pickup more infantry , I experienced the bridge crossing problem. The SPW pushed whole Volkssturm platoon into the river , then stuck in the middle of bridge.   I S/L and sent all the rest of infantry cross the bridge on foot. 

I think the fordable water should work, and even consider replacing the mound of dirt underneath the bridge with it too, it might iron out the issue (although youll probably have units sinking to the bottom anyway)... I can see a problem forming with the dirt underneath the bridge being right up against the fordable water tiles.

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

I think the fordable water should work, and even consider replacing the mound of dirt underneath the bridge with it too, it might iron out the issue (although youll probably have units sinking to the bottom anyway)... I can see a problem forming with the dirt underneath the bridge being right up against the fordable water tiles.

Alas no ! the problem would have been elegantly resolved ...

I did the test the bug persists 😪