Breaching kits and barb wire

I am playing the Objective Delta scenario.  I am trying to breach the wire entanglements.  I have had success using the engineer units and their demo charges.  However I have yet to get regular troops to use their breaching kits to breach wire entanglements, the units instead attempt to go around the wire entanglements.  That can cause major problems.  Anybody else having this problem?

4 minutes ago, FogForever said:

Anybody else having this problem?

I don't have BS or CW but those troop have a blast command? I experienced something like that with a house in FB. They ran around the house to use the front door. That time I didn't give them a blast command because they were standing in front of a door.

6 hours ago, AttorneyAtWar said:

Breach kits are designed to be placed on doors/walls, not C-wire.

The satchel charges in CM are abstractions designed to represent whatever explosive ordnance bigger than a grenade the unit that has them actually ends up using them for. You can assume that if a unit is intending to breach wire, they're actually bangalore torpedoes. If you're planning to assault buildings with that element, they're a combination of frame charges and mouseholing charges and flash-bangs. If you're planning to ambush enemy pTruppen, maybe it's a command-controlled mine. intending to ambush a tank? Then it's some explosives meant for that purpose.

That you, the player, don't have to pick exactly which, is a testament to the planning and preparation of your staff and quartermaster. Not something you have to worry about.

Maybe in CMx4 when you define your Operational Plan to the game, and your pTruppen then draw appropriate equipment and ordnance from the available supply, including extra mortar rounds and other ammunition, for their tasking (of course, you can let your AI XO make the assignments, or dole out your spare LMGs held at Bttn level manually...). But be wary of the demise of Schroedinger's demo charge; if that wire-breaching lot need to ambush a tank, the Bangalore's they're carting around won't be much help...

1 hour ago, womble said:

The satchel charges in CM are abstractions designed to represent whatever explosive ordnance bigger than a grenade the unit that has them actually ends up using them for. You can assume that if a unit is intending to breach wire, they're actually bangalore torpedoes. If you're planning to assault buildings with that element, they're a combination of frame charges and mouseholing charges and flash-bangs. If you're planning to ambush enemy pTruppen, maybe it's a command-controlled mine. intending to ambush a tank? Then it's some explosives meant for that purpose.

Breaching Kits are a special equipment item that has a more narrow function than the generic "charges" carried by engineers.  They only allow wall breaching.

14 minutes ago, akd said:

Breaching Kits are a special equipment item that has a more narrow function than the generic "charges" carried by engineers.  They only allow wall breaching.

They are? I stand corrected. Are these a Black Sea innovation? Or is there a distinction drawn in WW2 titles too?

Ok, I didn't realize the breaching kits won't work on barbed wire.  I guess I am going to have to risk moving a engineer squad from the left across open space to reach the center force.  Or maybe chance moving a Stryker across the wire at some point in the woods.  Being in the open is very dangerous at the moment.  Clearly I should have assigned one engineer to each of the attacking forces.  

2 hours ago, womble said:

I'm well. New employment means I have a little more time for computer goobery... Been out for a while. Some catching up to do, evidently.

Holy s***! Look who is back! Nice to see you, man.

Mord.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, womble said:

I'm well. New employment means I have a little more time for computer goobery... Been out for a while. Some catching up to do, evidently.

+1  :D  Well, well, the Womble has returned.  Welcome back, my friend.  About time.  :)