Lend and Lease.

It seems that in the game the Valentine doesn't have a 7.92 mm Besa Machine Gun. I actually like the tank in the present battle. Mountains of the Moon. Use it as an Infantry tank capture the ground which was softened up by artillery later followed by infantry once the barrage is lifted. To let the Soviets, use the C2 the radios on the Valentines are invaluable. 

valentine.png

They got rid of the German MG (MG34?) It is minor but I thought the MG 34 was used on AFV's at that stage of the war. In view of changing the barrel it was better than an MG 42 for AFV's.

dunny.png

Edited by chuckdyke
adding

Its been said the Russians liked Valentine IX because it was reliable as a hammer. Comparing it, I supposes, to T34 which was only expected to go so far before needing a complete overhaul. Also, Russians were already used to a two man turret (T34-76) and no mg (SU-76) so their expectations were limited to begin with. Valentine originally wasn't going to be in the module. Steve had to be presented with documentation showing that they were around in sufficient numbers/in this timeframe/in this theater to warrant inclusion.

Still, they could have had their Dinner Plate Magazine (DPM-MG) on a turret ring for the commander in combination with the SU152. The 6-pounder is not a bad AT-Gun and quick firing. Nothing beat the HE of a SU152.

QON.jpg

Must be an SU152

QONB.jpg

Edited by chuckdyke