Pop Smoke quirk?

Howler

First time I notice this behavior when popping smoke. Had a squad lined up along the outside of a building that threw smoke in both the direction of the last 'Face' command (good) *and* at the opposite corner of the building in the other direction (bad).

I'm forcing myself to use squads more often than teams in this title when playing the Soviets. The above might have always been the case when Squads are used to smoke (ie. they always threw two smoke grenades?).

Granted, this might be long known and expected behavior. I simply never noticed before as I use teams exclusively (wearing out the Combine Squad button!) before now.

Teams will also position a man at both corners of a terrain piece occupying an action spot but throw *one* smoke in the direction of the 'Face' command (my SOP -> Face then Smoke).

So, squads throw two smokes where teams only throw one?

When covering both corners a squad will throw smoke from both corners in opposite directions?

6 minutes ago, Howler said:

I'm forcing myself to use squads more often than teams in this title when playing the Soviets. The above might have always been the case when Squads are used to smoke (ie. they always threw two smoke grenades?).

I'm not sure about the behavior, but the soviet (and modern russian squad) was designed to be split into two teams in the offense, a fire and maneuver element. 

w9n5I8z.png

Edited by Gkenny

@Gkenny Thanks for that.

TBH, I'm experimenting with CMCW to see how much it differs engine wise. I just never noticed squads popping *two* smokes before and wondered if it was WAD when both corners were hugged... One each in opposite directions seemed excessive and new to me.