Hotkeys

Ok, about to start my first SF game and the hotkeys have me completely confused.  I want the same hotkey configuration as CW and BS.  The first keys I noticed as not working are the reverse keys and the rotate keys and the move forward, back, left, right keys.  Apparently the keys can be setup.  When I look at the hotkeys list, it indicates that 1-9 arrow keys apply to those movements.  But they don't appear to perform the same movements as in CW and BS.  And none of the keys appear to produce reverse view or reverse direction.  So I went to options to see if I can manually assign hotkeys to match CW and BS but I am not given the option to pull up a list of the map view commands I need and then assign keys.  What am I missing here?  Is there anywhere a set of clear directions for assigning hotkeys in particular for the list of map view commands?  

Also I notice left and right click mouse drag does not appear to work.

Odd, everything works fine in the Shock Force demo.  There is a hotkey text file in Shock Force 2 which matches the CW/BS hotkey configuration I need.  Hotkeys work fine with CW/BS/SF2 demo but not working with Shock Force 2 game.  Weird.

Edited by FogForever

Are you quite sure you're running CMSF 2?

CMSF2 should have the same hotkeys file as all of the other games now, but CMSF1 and CMA had a different system, with the same key having a different effect depending on context. I used to change my hotkeys file to match the later games.

It is definitely CMSF2.  I bought it a couple days ago and installed CMSF2 and all the modules.  I am guessing a bad install but odd because everything seems to work fine except the hotkeys.  Makes me wonder if there is some small little quirk needed correction vs the need to uninstall and reinstall everything.

I did pull up the list of hotkeys in game for SF2.  They are organized quite a bit differently from CW or BS or even the SF2 demo.  I am not sure why they are different but I tried some of the different hotkeys and some work and some don't.    SF2 is game engine 4 just as the SF2 demo.