New Scenario Up

Just letting you know I posted a new scenario for CW CMBN both at my site (see signature) and on The Few Good Men's Site. It's small, designed for Canada vs German AI and is a dusk fight. My thanks to @sburke for supplying me with a fabulous link to a whole raft of ASL scenarios (found here). This is the first of one of those. I said a CMRT scenario would be next but this came up out of nowhere at me and so I had to experiment with one to see if I could make it work. It's easier than I thought although it took some searching to find out what all the parts meant (it's been a while for me :( ) and to find the board art from which to make the map. Anyway, hope you like it :) .

Great stuff, you are a busy man.  FWIW this one also downloaded and installed fine, and loads up nicely. 

Like you, I also had most of the ASL stuff but it is no longer in my loft, what a shame.  There are some other games which partly draw on ASL content as well, like Tigers on the Hunt for example, and I'm sure a lot could be converted by someone like your good self 😉.  Must try the editor myself a bit more seriously than I have so far...

14 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Great stuff, you are a busy man.  FWIW this one also downloaded and installed fine, and loads up nicely. 

Like you, I also had most of the ASL stuff but it is no longer in my loft, what a shame.  There are some other games which partly draw on ASL content as well, like Tigers on the Hunt for example, and I'm sure a lot could be converted by someone like your good self 😉.  Must try the editor myself a bit more seriously than I have so far...

Thanks man. Yeah, busy but mostly just getting past the steepest part of the learning curve, so I'm not sure how good these scenarios are. Probably something is better than nothing though and I can't see making these just to sit on my HD, especially when so many of the true experts have chimed in to help me get past the worst of the curve. However, I feel now like I have a grasp of the basics at this point so now I'll start expanding the repertoire a bit. That won't mean more scenarios (I've really got behind on several other things that I also should be doing 😬), but hopefully more varied and interesting ones. I still hope to do 2 per month, but we'll see. Could be more, could be less, but I hope the variety and quality will both go up. I'm going to start with converting more ASL scenarios for all the games I have as that allows me to concentrate more on design and takes some of the workload off the research end. As for getting into other games, much as I'd like to, I don't see that happening. The time and the money are just not there for me now, as tempted as I am. I also don't want to spread myself too thin on these things, and while I think I have the basics down now, there's still a LOT, LOT more I need to learn to make decent quality scenarios. That will take time. 

Anyway, I really appreciate all the nice comments I've received about these scenarios I do. Makes it all worthwhile 👍. Thanks :) .