Interest in WW2 Afrika Korps

Erwin

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yep, I have a copy of the “No Retreat: North African Front”. Actually, I have the complete series. Excellent very grand strategic games. Very manageable, but not too simple. The Russian Front game uses only about 70 counters for the whole War in the East from 41 to 45.

Edited by StieliAlpha

I used to play many NA cardboard games when that was all that was available.  Used to spend hundreds of $ every year.  But, when CM1 came out that effectively ended my collecting habit for cardboard wargames - and many are just sitting around (unopened) in boxes in the garage - waiting for armageddon/end of times, when there is no electricity and those of use who have large cardboard game collections will finally rule the world.   B)

Edited by Erwin

• 1 month later...

Hi Erwin

You may have seen it already, GMT announced a new a addition to their Panzer series: Panzer North Africa.

Looking at the price tag, it will be a massive thing.

Interesting here: In addition to the usual German and British suspects, the game also includes quite some Italian AFVs.

Back in the day "Panzer North Africa" might have been a "must buy".  (Altho' it looks like a small tactical card-based game which am personally not keen on.)  But, these days it's hard to find local human oppos for cardboard games.  Computer games have largely replaced human oppos.  Sadly, it is so much more expensive to make a computer game, we are stuck with very few good options like CM.  And when BF decided to change their plans re early war or NA, we are stuck.  The hope that talented modders like Koh and Aquila can come up with decent versions of Afrika Korps and Early War.

Edited by Erwin