Please up the budget for quick battles

QuiGon

Even if it's not the priority for the game, I think QBs need an overhaul for the next patch. The point totals mentioned in this thread for the next patch still feel a bit low (should be about 30k vs 30k default imo), and I'm really surprised that some of the larger maps from the US campaign aren't available as QB maps.

I'm not really with you on needing to up the values - Huge lets you take an entire combined arms motor rifle BMP battalion, with a tank company and all the supporting assets, with some change. The danger of increasing the values is that they will increase for everyone.

Obviously an actual custom setting would be the preferred solution, but that's an addition.

I do agree that QB in general could do with a more fundamental rework. There are some design ideas which are possible without adding vast amounts to the game, and it does feel like something which is a low priority for BF, which is a shame. I think I understand why - the majority of players only ever play singleplayer, and a QB AI is never going to be decent, except by accident sometimes, so it's probably correct that it's a lower priority than some.

The campaign maps exist as master maps in the appropriate folder. It's not all that hard to make them into QB maps, and I firmly agree that this would be a good idea. That sounds like a reasonably simple project to do, even if they're done with no AI plans. I might start giving that a go. My suspicion is that the best way to play CW PBEM will be to do a Soviet Battalion on something that's perhaps at least 2kmx2km, and ideally more. 2km x 4km is more than enough - that's the size of the first mission in the Soviet campaign.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:59 PM, domfluff said:

I think I understand why - the majority of players only ever play singleplayer, and a QB AI is never going to be decent, except by accident sometimes, so it's probably correct that it's a lower priority than some.

I definitely agree. I literally never play multiplayer. That said, it can still be fun trying to dismantle a static AI defense on some of the larger QB maps. Would also be nice to up the time limit to 4 hours instead of 2 for some of those large urban QB maps (which were mostly just in CMBN, but still...)

QB on H&H on Hotseat you need to convert someone for CM. PBEM not for me 2 - 3 turns a day on small to medium maps. Then people who quit halfway during a game. Lots are wizards and lots don't have a clue. QB maps were meant for H&H I am afraid; the author doesn't know which forces you will pick. Testing is fine H&H against yourself on the easiest setting just to see what works and what doesn't.