Combat mission cold war - stop loading email game at 36% loading the file

Hello all,

my friend and me start a big email game in cmcw but after he did turn 9 my game crashes to the desktop at 36% of Loading the game. There is no error message or anything else. I was wondering, that my friend can load this game without any problems.

I have all combat mission games with all modules and i never had this kind of problem. I run an a new win 10 system with ssd, 64 gb ram and an rtx 2080 so this cant be the reason. I deinstalled and installed the game new, i run it without any mods but nothing works - every time i try to load this file he crashes instantly at 36% percent. If i load the last file 007 i loads without any problem. Has anyone the same problem?

Many thanks and kind regards

Hi Heirloom,

thanks for the replay - we tried it out at this moment but also the turn named 011 stoped loading at 36%. It is very confusing because i get no error message and turn 007 who send me the friend i can  open without any problems 😕

Many thanks and kind regards

Have your friend replay/reorder their Turn 8 again. This time have them issue very few, if any, orders to their units. See if you can open this new Turn 9 (renamed to Turn 11, if necessary). There may be a specific order or possibly a calculation/result that may be resulting in the crash.

To be honest I'm not sure how many games/PBEMs can recover to a playable state once one turn has corruption/play-back problems. I've seen some where the game may continue for a bit, but then have crashes a few turns later. This may or may not happen to you if you are your PBEM partner can recover the PBEM to a playable state.

If you play on Windows, try loading the move on a Mac.

The CM Windows builds are 32 bit, Mac is 64 bits. Maybe virtual address space shortage on Windows plays a role.

Goes for both players, the crash might originate at the computer that appeared to save it fine.