Panel Mod 'Red Thunder Style'

Combat Mission World War 2 series Panel Mod 'Red Thunder Style' v1.0

For the Sim/Game "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy + Final Blitzkrieg + Fortress Italy".

A graphical modification of the user interface panel. This panel is always visible at the bottom
of the screen, when playing this game.

- Based on the panel appearance that came with Combat Mission: Red Thunder (v2.10),
  but adjusted to the slightly different text location and colors hardcoded in each WW2 game.
- Special equipment icons (like binoculars) have been slightly adjusted,
  and are included in this package.
- Silhouettes and green/yellow weapon icons not included in this package.

All credits to the Battlefront company for supplying the original images,
from which the modded ones were derived.

Only for use in the Combat Mission games, other then that, this mod is free and non-profit.
This mod cannot be held responsible for harm done to pixeltruppen.

Copy one of the extracted .brz files into your mod folder, or into your install folder
in the data\z\ subfolder.

z_CMBN-Panel-Mod-RT-v10.brz is for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy
z_CMFB-Panel-Mod-RT-v10.brz is for Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg
z_CMFI-Panel-Mod-RT-v10.brz is for Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
You can also copy over the image and readme there, it does no harm. But you should only copy
over the single matching .brz file for each game.

----------------

Download from this place: http://www.gb-homepage.nl/index.htm (Select "Combat Mission" in left navigation window)
A preview image is in the zip file. So you can check if it is worthy ;)

Glad you like it.

I know what you mean with Marco's silhouettes, I saw a screenshot of those recently.

But vehicle caliber is mostly written in small black letters by the game already, below the silhouettes. Range is sometimes there too, for flamethrowers, MGs. I don't know much about that though, like will an MP40 sub-machine gun never fire over 100m, or does it depend on the circumstances? Like a howitzer can fire at tanks in the distance, but some just lose practical accuracy.

12 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

caliber is mostly written in small black letters by the game already, below the silhouettes. Range is sometimes there too

Very hard to read on a hi-res as text doesn't scale in CM.  And I don't think the caliber of the small arms is given at all.  Esp with Russians, which AK takes what ammo can be confusing.  (And I really liked Marco's graphical treatment.)

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Very hard to read on a hi-res as text doesn't scale in CM.  And I don't think the caliber of the small arms is given at all.  Esp with Russians, which AK takes what ammo can be confusing.  (And I really liked Marco's graphical treatment.)

Yeah that particular text there is rather small. Actually it is the same small font as the information below it and adjacent on the right, but the background of the silhouette is not contrasting, making it worse.

Would it help to recolor (lighten) the background of the bottom part of the silhouette backdrop? I did that for my Cold War Panel Mod already, for the same reason.

15 hours ago, Mord said:

He was around for RtV. He did 2D art on it. Didn't see his name on F&R or CW though.

@Marco BergmanYou still around?

Mord.

I stumbled upon this post by Marco at a 3D printable site which seems to be from approx a year ago, however there is a contact option to try out. I assume it may be him?

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-1-200-tanks-and-vehicles-pack-4-110213

Older post:

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-1-100-tanks-10149

Yes I am a big fan of the ranges being included for quick ref. My WWII (CMBN, CMFI, CMRT) has them, just not my modern (CMBS, CMSF2).

Edited by Blazing 88's

2 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

My WWII (CMBN, CMFI, CMRT) has them, just not my modern

Unfortunately, I find that some of the new modules introduced weapons for which there is no Bergman full color silhouette... so I end up using JuJu's color images for those.  Juju's graphics are very good.  I just like the Bergman versions of the small arms weapons that include the range and caliber.

7 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Unfortunately, I find that some of the new modules introduced weapons for which there is no Bergman full color silhouette... so I end up using JuJu's color images for those.  Juju's graphics are very good.  I just like the Bergman versions of the small arms weapons that include the range and caliber.

Yes I have a mix of both. So I guess mostly JuJu's stuff.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

I suppose yes. Will add it to my ToDo list.

If you would pass me the playback buttons of the latest version of RT, I could make my own fix.

I really appreciate the work you did and I don't understand why this mod doesn't have more visibility.

I would like the play/pause button to be illuminated as it is already possible to do from the latest version of CMBN, but I don't have Red thunder...

1 hour ago, Warst said:

If you would pass me the playback buttons of the latest version of RT, I could make my own fix.

I really appreciate the work you did and I don't understand why this mod doesn't have more visibility.

I would like the play/pause button to be illuminated as it is already possible to do from the latest version of CMBN, but I don't have Red thunder...

Glad you like this mod. I just attended to to the CMBN v4.04 playback button mismatch, and indeed it comes down to taking the six small CMRT buttons. If you download the package again it will contain a patch for use with CMBN v4.04.

18-3-2023 Small update:
Added an additional file to skin the different turn-based playback buttons
introduced with CM Battle for Normandy v4.04.
This file:

z_CMBN-Panel-Mod-RT-v404patch.brz

To be placed together with z_CMBN-Panel-Mod-RT-v10.brz