Future of JuJu's UI Mod - Project Unification

8 hours ago, Coop said:

I Love what is going on with this mod and 100% support the tough decisions made on standardisation and simplification.

Found two tiny oversights:

1. The silhouettes for the JPz IV (early) and JPz IV/70(V) are the same; they're both the silhouette for the JPz IV (early).

2. The branch indicator icon for Soviet armoured infantry doesn't show up in-game. I assumed because the icon's name in the files is "soviet motorized infantry" when it should be "soviet armored infantry". This assumption turned out to be correct when I changed the name and loaded up a fresh game.

Cheers and thanks again for taking the reins on this great mod!

Cheers Mate.

1) JPz IV - Blast someone noticed. :D Yeah they were so similar when I was creating the Late variant that I stopped. Will take another look.

2) Whoops!

Edited by Ithikial_AU

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, hm_stanley said:

Any plans to update this for Cold War?

Nope. As per the read me and elsewhere in this thread the interest was only in the WW2 titles. Will be up to someone else to redux all the modern titles. I think there already is a mod or two for the modern era UI. More CMBS and CMSF2 though.

• 10 months later...

Hello, I just installed this much praised mod and it looks like there is an issue with the "saved games and PBEM" button on the loading screen:

Sanstitre.jpg.a627b73ecd9388dcfd288243ba524823.jpg

(Sorry, I can't load a fullscreen capture as the forum limits the images size to 7 kB for some reason ...)

3 hours ago, PEB14 said:

Hello, I just installed this much praised mod and it looks like there is an issue with the "saved games and PBEM" button on the loading screen:

Sanstitre.jpg.a627b73ecd9388dcfd288243ba524823.jpg

(Sorry, I can't load a fullscreen capture as the forum limits the images size to 7 kB for some reason ...)

Just to check, are you up to date on the game itself?  I vaguely recall seeing this in a thread elsewhere and think it was due to the game not being patched up to the current version. @Ithikial_AU will know better I'm sure...

FWIW I don't see the issue here on any WW2 titles.  And I would (again) praise the mod, it is a thing of beauty which I can't play without.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Just to check, are you up to date on the game itself?  I vaguely recall seeing this in a thread elsewhere and think it was due to the game not being patched up to the current version. @Ithikial_AU will know better I'm sure...

FWIW I don't see the issue here on any WW2 titles.  And I would (again) praise the mod, it is a thing of beauty which I can't play without.

Yep. That's one of the two bigger things to fix. The other is the UI in game with the change to the big red button and play buttons. It's known but little time to get around to fixing this. Easiest way to fix the main menu is to detail the modded main menu and return to default for now. Mod is purely graphical, doesn't change anything like button sizes etc.

2 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Yep. That's one of the two bigger things to fix. The other is the UI in game with the change to the big red button and play buttons. It's known but little time to get around to fixing this. Easiest way to fix the main menu is to detail the modded main menu and return to default for now. Mod is purely graphical, doesn't change anything like button sizes etc.

No problem, thanks for the answer. I'll follow your advice and remove the modded main menu files.

@Vacillator One advantage to being a newbie is, you generally have perfectly up-to-date versions! 😅

Ithikial is a busy man. So, I offer this TEMPORARY fix that solves the garbled letters where you see SAVED GAMES and SAVED GAMES & PBEM for CMBN.

I sent it to @PEB14 for testing.

If Ithikial says he does not want me to do this...I will kill the offer to help.

It is easier to say sorry than to seek permission.

22 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Ithikial is a busy man. So, I offer this TEMPORARY fix that solves the garbled letters where you see SAVED GAMES and SAVED GAMES & PBEM for CMBN.

I sent it to @PEB14 for testing.

If Ithikial says he does not want me to do this...I will kill the offer to help.

It is easier to say sorry than to seek permission.

Tested and approved by @PEB14. Thank you @kohlenklau!

Capture-d-e-cran-2023-04-02-a-18-12-06.p

I offer this TEMPORARY fix that solves the garbled letters where you see SAVED GAMES AND SAVED GAMES & PBEM for CMBN.

KkZxu2n.png

The above image makes you think you will have a big blank there under CAMPAIGN? NO!! You will see the proper text of "SAVED GAMES & PBEM".

In the UI mod, the file to replace is in Main Menu then subfolder Screen Backgrounds. File is: Splash Background.bmp

Download and put in your z folder. Let my new one overwrite the old one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dpjskr90mbu0kwh/AADMN5N_uuSWIi6vTpDF20AFa?dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I offer this TEMPORARY fix that solves the garbled letters where you see SAVED GAMES AND SAVED GAMES & PBEM for CMBN.

KkZxu2n.png

The above image makes you think you will have a big blank there under CAMPAIGN? NO!! You will see the proper text of "SAVED GAMES & PBEM".

In the UI mod, the file to replace is in Main Menu then subfolder Screen Backgrounds. File is: Splash Background.bmp

Download and put in your z folder. Let my new one overwrite the old one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dpjskr90mbu0kwh/AADMN5N_uuSWIi6vTpDF20AFa?dl=0

Ta. I may nick that file and add it to the pack. Once other fixes are done on my end I'll send to Bootie for the CMMODSIV.

Alright, we all love Juju's mod and we all pretty much know how busy Ithikial is right at the moment.

I have done the leg work on the remaining issue I know of.

The new play button.

This is like one of those office meetings and you here some whisper from the back...What was wrong with the OLD one?

I have no idea. 

The powers that be changed the names of the little files. 

I will post some screenshots of the modded buttons. And the new ones too.

Maybe we can work together to figure out what to rename as what.

Right now I have tried but it don't seem right. 

Maybe we need one new modded image. 

Standby. Might not be tonight...over the next few days.

11 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Alright, we all love Juju's mod and we all pretty much know how busy Ithikial is right at the moment.

I have done the leg work on the remaining issue I know of.

The new play button.

I've already fixed it. :) Just need to make sure something is workable for the other titles in case those one switch over to a new animation system.

• 3 weeks later...