A few questions for the next 10 years of playing this simulator

RPG-7V1 HEAT  warhead is also effective against enemy infantry. For attacking infantry targets, the OG-7V fragmentation warhead.

How to fire only with this?

The point is, there are two soldiers in the unit. So if I allow fire on armored targets.They will not shoot infantry.

But I don't want the other one to reveal his position by firing his rifle !

I only want to use HEAT on infantry.

So how do you shoot only a HEAT at the infantry and the other one hides somewhere and doesn't use his rifle?

Edited by AdamPraha

No way of doing that.

Workaround is to just use the normal target arch to make the unit to hold fire until the enemy is in a optimal position for the RPG and then give the fire command or a new target arch. Rifle will still be used in this case.

Or well, you could deplete all the firearm ammo with the "target light" command first. haha

13 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

No way of doing that.

Workaround is to just use the normal target arch to make the unit to hold fire until the enemy is in a optimal position for the RPG and then give the fire command or a new target arch. Rifle will still be used in this case.

Or well, you could deplete all the firearm ammo with the "target light" command first. haha

Good. Thanks to the MonkeyKing for the explanation.

Edited by AdamPraha

When I turn on the game, my icons above all units turn off immediately.

At the same time, I have set my own units to have "floating icons" still visible.
It turns gray and disappears completely.?

Why ?

How do you set it up to be visible all the time? (Icon only above all my units.)

Edited by AdamPraha

5 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

When I turn on the game, my icons above all units turn off immediately.

At the same time, I have set my own units to have "floating icons" still visible.
It turns gray and disappears completely.?

Why ?

How do you set it up to be visible all the time? (Icon only above all my units.)

Possibly because you are playing on Iron mode?  You can't see all of your units in Iron mode, that's the point of it.

To be a little more concise, when playing Iron Mode you can see all the icons when you click away from a unit (for example on the ground). When you select a unit you'll only see the icons of the units they are in contact with.

Mord.

1 hour ago, AdamPraha said:

Oh, that's it.

I just played another mission on a lower difficulty and everything was visible.
ok

yep.  To be clear I don't think Iron mode is much a matter of difficulty.  For me at least it actually gives me a better idea of the state of my units as I have a much clearer picture of what they are or aren't aware of.

@AdamPrahayou ask a lot of good newbie questions. But you have so many threads asking about issues that are very easily answered by a quick read through of the game manual(s), you might want to give that a try.  You’d probably get them answered sooner, and actually find answers for questions you haven’t even thought of yet. They are worth the read.

53 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

@AdamPrahayou ask a lot of good newbie questions. But you have so many threads asking about issues that are very easily answered by a quick read through of the game manual(s), you might want to give that a try.  You’d probably get them answered sooner, and actually find answers for questions you haven’t even thought of yet. They are worth the read.

The manual is terribly short. Cheers.

Edited by AdamPraha

Depends on the manual. There’s the game system manual (not sure what the call it offhand) that is not short and details the game mechanics, functions, etc., and covers almost every question you have asked lately, and then there are the individual module manuals which often are short but mainly just detail the units in that module. Just saying.

How to remove the transparency of buildings?

Is there a button for that? That's awfully ugly those transparent buildings. If I want to look inside, all you have to do is move the mouse inside the building. To do this, it may not be completely transparent.

Edited by AdamPraha

4 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

How to remove the transparency of buildings?

Is there a button for that? That's awfully ugly those transparent buildings. If I want to look inside, all you have to do is move the mouse inside the building. To do this, it may not be completely transparent.

No - unless there is a mod out there that does it.  I doubt it as most competent Youtube vids employ mods to give the best visual effects and they generally show transparent buildings.

Visually you may not like it but if you've got a battalion of troops in a dense urban environment to manage the transparency helps you to manage it.  Would I like to be able to turn it off using the standard interface to take screenshots or video captures, for sure I would, but I can live with it.  As I've said before, this game engine is over a decade-old and designed to run on both Macs and PCs which imposes limitations, some of which can be modded but many cannot.  Learn to live with it.