A few questions for the next 10 years of playing this simulator

On 5/30/2021 at 7:11 PM, chuckdyke said:

Russian wheeled maxims deploy automatically, they look archaic, but it comes in handy. I think their 45 mm AT guns do too when they are manhandled.  Just in F&R I observed this. I agree with @Erwin read the manual because sometimes words have a different meaning than in the dictionary. Like attack and assault.

These damn cannons move way too slow on the battlefield. The 45mm should be able to move at a "quick" rate for short periods.

8 hours ago, Artkin said:

The 45mm should be able to move at a "quick" rate for short periods.

With the ammunition to transport they weight over a ton deployed the weight is over 500 kg. Walking pace cross country is realistic, I think. On a sealed road quick could be possible.

45 mm anti-tank gun M1937 (53-K) | Military Wiki | Fandom (wikia.org)

32 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

With the ammunition to transport they weight over a ton deployed the weight is over 500 kg. Walking pace cross country is realistic, I think. On a sealed road quick could be possible.

45 mm anti-tank gun M1937 (53-K) | Military Wiki | Fandom (wikia.org)

I remember watching a scene in Band of Brothers where the Germans were running with a pak (36?). 

I figured it would have been similar to the Russian gun, but it's about 200kg lighter. It is also a slightly smaller caliber.

Half a ton sounds heavy for such a tiny gun wow. 

7 minutes ago, Bozowans said:

It's not too hard to find footage of guys running pretty fast with a Pak 36

The PAK 38 was more the equal in weight of the Russian 45 mm. The Weight of a Honda Civic push starting of a small car can be done on a sealed road. I wouldn't try it on ploughed farmland or through shrub. I saw only the Pak 36 manhandled in the movie. 

7 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

The PAK 38 was more the equal in weight of the Russian 45 mm. The Weight of a Honda Civic push starting of a small car can be done on a sealed road. I wouldn't try it on ploughed farmland or through shrub. I saw only the Pak 36 manhandled in the movie. 

I think those big, inflated tires really help a lot when pushing that weight. They probably make it super easy. 

8 hours ago, Bozowans said:

It's not too hard to find footage of guys running pretty fast with a Pak 36

Damn those guys were hustling. A little slowdown going up the hill, but those tires certainly helped. That gun probably has a little springyness over rough terrain with those big azz tires. 

3 hours ago, Artkin said:

those big azz tires. 

Depends what type of vehicle is the prime mover; the western allies were far more mobile with jeeps and 2½ton Studebaker trucks their guns had something resembling normal car tires. I won't lose any sleep over it I think the game is realistic with this. We don't know the strength if somebody is pumped up with the adrenalin of these guys.