A few questions for the next 10 years of playing this simulator

3 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

This green button is absolutely here to confuse the player.It has no function.

Sure it does. Hit the Green Button and that unit won't move...at all. It will not run when continually fired upon (but not sure if they will run if they hit the "Panic" state). Came in handy as a workaround before BFC fixed the "infantry runs out of buildings/cover toward the enemy when receiving the slightest amount incoming fire" problem.

9 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

This is the second button to pause the game. There are two buttons unnecessarily here.

It's like this:

The "S" menu must first be.... And inside is the second pause button and here this is the time timer.

There is a confusing green circle with an alarm clock on the surface. This button is only pause in game.

Of course, it confused me that there are two buttons for the same thing.

But thanks you Monty.

I would suggest removing that green button from the menu. This green button is absolutely here to confuse the player.It has no function.

It is useful. I use the P button for planned pauses and the green one for emergency pauses. I used it just the other day, I had a half track moving infantry up using a covered route but it had to cross an open area briefly, that area was clear when i plotted the movements but then a Stug appeared in overwatch so I used the green button to pause the half track before it became exposed, dealt with the Stug and then unpaused so it could continue on its way without having to redo all the movement commands

https://postimg.cc/4mTvLXRt

I found the first terrible BUG in the game!

Now I know why it doesn't work.

The units do not obey orders at all.The tank is an absolute priority and is in sight.You must act now or you are hit and destroyed.

Not a single tank in the game adheres to the firing line for armored targets.Everyone cheerfully ignores them and hunts hares and partridges in the woods.

So how do you set mandatory firing targets?

Explanation of the picture: There is a hare on the right arrow and an enemy tank on the left arrow.

Edited by AdamPraha

11 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-05-28-20-07-17-11.png

I found the first terrible BUG in the game!

Now I know why it doesn't work.

The units do not obey orders at all.The tank is an absolute priority and is in sight.You must act now or you are hit and destroyed.

Not a single tank in the game adheres to the firing line for armored targets.Everyone cheerfully ignores them and hunts hares and partridges in the woods.

So how do you set mandatory firing targets?

Go look at the millions of wtf? .... spotting threads ... you're not the first and certainly won't be the last to comment that spotting can be sub-optimal at times or what you think you can see is not actually what the firer can actually fire at.  The target tool that you are using to judge LOS/LOF is not 100% accurate.  Plus the fact you are wanting to fire from a low silhouette vehicle behind a wall with a bush and a part of a tree in the way - one, two, three or four of those individual factors, or a combination of two or more of them may be the reason that your vehicle has not engaged.

Edited by Combatintman

I thought they were only allowed to shoot at a certain sector.

Because it's everywhere ... in every game.It's different here. They shoot at armored targets only where  is a fan. Where they are not, they continue shoot to infantry.

So if I only wanted to shoot at the tank, it must have a fan stretched everywhere.

So they will only shoot at armored targets.

That's why they shoot outside the fan. This revealed their position.

Edited by AdamPraha

2 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

I thought

The magic words happy you don't think like that anymore. If a unit has LOF a full contact Icon pops up. Setting way points and plotting an LOF makes sense for area fire. Like your C2 gave an armored unit a contact icon in a house. Which a nearby infantry unit had a full contact with and is engaging. Now shooting the house into a rubble makes sense. It is what the game is all about let the TacAI play the game for you and don't replace the C2 structure with your PC. 

2 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

That's why they shoot outside the fan. This revealed their position.

If your unit receives a greater threat, it can override your orders. It shoots because it sees an enemy unit and nothing inside your target-arc. 

21 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

If the control cannot be reset. Where can I find a list of ot keys?
So I'll rewrite it manually.

You have to edit the hotkeys.txt file. Here's an original content:

// You can edit this file to modify various in-game functions and hot-key based commands. Use of special characters (shift, alt, control, numpad or function keys) is not permitted. The letter in <>'s (E,F or G) designates the language (English, French or German).

Command Keys Direct
//FAST
<E>B
//QUICK
<E>I
//MOVE
<E>N
//SLOW
<E>O 
//HUNT
<E>U 
//ASSAULT
<E>L 
//REVERSE
<E>\
//BLAST
<E> 
//MARK MINES
<E> 
//CLEAR MINES
<E> 
//HULL DOWN
<E> 
//TARGET
<E>T
//TARGET LIGHT
<E>Y
//TARGET ARC
<E>K 
//CLEAR TARGET
<E>
//FACE
<E>G
//TARGET SMOKE
<E> 
//TARGET ARMOR ARC
<E>M 
//TARGET BRIEFLY
<E>J 
//DEPLOY WEAPON
<E>/
//PAUSE
<E>P
//HIDE
<E>H
//DISMOUNT
<E>[
//BAIL OUT
<E> 
//OPEN UP
<E>]
//POP SMOKE
<E>;
//ACQUIRE
<E> 
//SPLIT TEAMS
<E> 
//ASSAULT TEAM
<E> 
//ANTITANK TEAM
<E> 
//SCOUT TEAM
<E> 
//DRIVER TEAM
<E> 
//CONSOLIDATE SQUAD
<E> 

Camera Keys
//MOVE FORWARD
<E>W
//MOVE LEFT
<E>A
//MOVE RIGHT
<E>D
//MOVE BACK
<E>S
//ROTATE LEFT
<E>Q
//ROTATE RIGHT
<E>E
//REVERSE DIRECTION
<E>V
//RAISE
<E>R
//LOWER
<E>F
//ZOOM OUT
<E>Z
//ZOOM IN
<E>X
//WIDE ANGLE
<E>C

Camera Keys FPS
//MOVE FORWARD
<E>W
//MOVE LEFT
<E>A
//MOVE RIGHT
<E>D
//MOVE BACK
<E>S
//ROTATE LEFT
<E>Q
//ROTATE RIGHT
<E>E
//REVERSE DIRECTION
<E>V
//RAISE
<E>R
//LOWER
<E>F
//ZOOM OUT
<E>Z
//ZOOM IN
<E>X
//WIDE ANGLE
<E>C

Camera Keys RTS
//MOVE FORWARD
<E>W
//MOVE LEFT
<E>A
//MOVE RIGHT
<E>D
//MOVE BACK
<E>S
//ROTATE LEFT
<E>Q
//ROTATE RIGHT
<E>E
//REVERSE DIRECTION
<E>V
//RAISE
<E>R
//LOWER
<E>F
//ZOOM OUT
<E>Z
//ZOOM IN
<E>X
//WIDE ANGLE
<E>C

Misc Keys
//SELECT PREVIOUS UNIT
<E>-
//SELECT NEXT UNIT
<E>=
//3D MODEL QUALITY (-)
<E>{
//3D MODEL QUALITY (+)
<E>}
//TALK TO INTERNET OPPONENT
<E>`

So should I overwrite it manually in that file?

yeah i'll make a copy.😂

Moment where there is a "backspace ?I want to put it on the mouse I use it constantly to delete the route.

I don't see a "backspace" anywhere?

where is ?

Edited by AdamPraha

22 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

Moment where there is a "backspace ?I want to put it on the mouse I use it constantly to delete the route.

I don't see a "backspace" anywhere?

where is ?

So program the relevant mouse button to generate a "Backspace". You can't edit the CM function of some of the keys, that don't produce (broadly speaking) alphanumeric output. So "Backspace" is fixed to "delete last leg of selected route" and "Delete" is fixed to "cancel firing order from selected waypoint", for example.

But that shouldn't be an issue for this purpose. Just program Mouse 7 (or whatever) to be a backspace keystroke. I use a G700 with about 11 programmable buttons and it's the sort of thing I've got bound to my mouse.

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-05-30-18-34-46-05.png

What kind of work is the anti-tank unit doing there?

They watch the arriving tanks for 5 minutes and shoot them with a handgun.

They have a commander there, I gave him an order to attack the tank ... I thought he would order them to fire a cannon?

It does not work ? They don't listen to the commander?

So should I give the order to fire only the cannon itself?In both cases, they don't shoot at all. Even when the commander has the order to fire, neither the cannon itself.After a long time, the tank escaped into the trees. They only fired at him with small arms.

Edited by AdamPraha

39 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

The gun is still limbered, not sure if that explains it?

Yeah, actually disassembling them manually first.

You're right the cannon confused me that it has to be reassembled "into position.

I thought it was assembled first.

After transport, it must first be reassembled manually.Rookie in the game.

Edited by AdamPraha

16 minutes ago, Erwin said:

If you look under the gun icon, it tells you how long to deploy (after unlimbering from a transport) and pack-up (prior to being able to embark).

That's why I watched it for a few minutes. It is written 1 minute.

That got my attention.

I didn't realize that even though it was one minute, I had to give them the order to disassemble manually.I were still waiting and they nothing .ok

For future reference, all crew-served weapons on mounts need to "deploy" before they can be fired. Mortars 60mm or bigger, HMGs, infantry guns and pack howitzers, and ATGs do. I don't know about ATGMs and I've forgotten whether the Brixia and trench mortars need the order giving. There are some exceptions: the HMG42 can be used "semi-deployed" as an LMG, for example, and I'm sure there are others. But to use at full effect, it needs to deploy.

AIUI, like "Open/close up", you can only issue one Deploy (or undeploy) order on any given turn, but a Deploy order can be given at the last waypoint, so they'll arrive and immediately start setting up.

Russian wheeled maxims deploy automatically, they look archaic, but it comes in handy. I think their 45 mm AT guns do too when they are manhandled.  Just in F&R I observed this. I agree with @Erwin read the manual because sometimes words have a different meaning than in the dictionary. Like attack and assault.

Edited by chuckdyke

Most of the time the TacAI will do the work for you but not always. Here is an example the AT Rifle is very useful but not of much use against the frontal armor of tanks by 1944. Here is the time I plotted a LOF against a PAK75 mm the AT Rifle is very capable of dealing with the gun shield. Don't ignore this weapon the Soviets did this as well.  Compliment and assist your armor, it may save you a tank or two. 

ATRifle.jpg