A few questions for the next 10 years of playing this simulator

It's always possible to request a ceasefire to end a game that carries on longer than expected or when the player feels that he's either already lost or won the battle.

The AI will always accept a ceasefire request and the game will finish with the end result screen showing.

What @mjkernersaid - the scenario author has allowed for variable extra time.  These can be set in blocks of none, 0-5 minutes, 5-10 minutes and 10-15 minutes.  The program randomly sets a time within the selected block, so if it has been set to 0-5 minutes, the game can end at 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes or 5 minutes.

Variable extra time is not dependent upon scenario size.  It's strictly a function of whether or not the scenario designer added it or not.  There is a small scenario in CMFB where the scenario is 15 minutes long with 15 minutes of variable time added, for example.

Tips: First beat the AI on Veteran now work your way through to Elite or Iron. Then play a human player who knows what he or she is doing. Have a go at scenario editing then worry about mods. That's my workflow in CM. I am playing with editing and mods yes can look good but for now a solution to a non-existing problem. Yes it doesn't happen too often, but some scenarios have authors which can still beat me as an attacker. 

9 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Tips: First beat the AI on Veteran now work your way through to Elite or Iron. Then play a human player who knows what he or she is doing. Have a go at scenario editing then worry about mods. That's my workflow in CM. I am playing with editing and mods yes can look good but for now a solution to a non-existing problem. Yes it doesn't happen too often, but some scenarios have authors which can still beat me as an attacker. 

I imagine the adrenaline with a real live opponent. That would be like a real war.

If 4 players played it, it would be something interesting.

I play the Red Orchestra every day and I'm a veteran and everyone knows me.There are still a lot of better players and beating them is a challenge.I'm going to play Red orchestra in about 10 minutes.

For example Steel Division 2 the most boring multiplayer in the world. It's a total waste in 10 minutes you fall asleep boredom.

But Combat Mission in mulitplayer  1 vs 1....That would be very interesting.But you must have an equally strong opponent. For a fair game.

3 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

.But you must have an equally strong opponent. For a fair game.

I am fortunate, I have a human opponent to play Hotseat with and he has a similar background. TBH PBEM doesn't appeal us much. To make it really interesting you must have some house rules you can agree on. But PBEM could be nice if you get used to it. First of all, you must be in the mood for this game. To play Hotseat at least you can play a good defensive game. Once you have the right guess of the editor's AI battle plan it is game over. It happened with the first game of Highland Games in SF2. 

1 hour ago, AdamPraha said:

I imagine the adrenaline with a real live opponent. That would be like a real war.

If 4 players played it, it would be something interesting.

I play the Red Orchestra every day and I'm a veteran and everyone knows me.There are still a lot of better players and beating them is a challenge.I'm going to play Red orchestra in about 10 minutes.

For example Steel Division 2 the most boring multiplayer in the world. It's a total waste in 10 minutes you fall asleep boredom.

But Combat Mission in mulitplayer  1 vs 1....That would be very interesting.But you must have an equally strong opponent. For a fair game.

Ahh, another RO Player...I haven't played in a few years, but I remember some of the Older Players (I was old back then). 

Sometimes, I would also play against the RO AI, but apparently you can't do that anymore, since things have changed since after 5.0 major update. Now, they are up to 8.0 or 10.0 or somefink like that in past couple years.

Edited by JoMac

19 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2789

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=160

Does anyone know if these natural mods can be in game together? The point is that the one focuses more on trees and shrubs. I don't know how to recognize it in the game, because it's not written anywhere.

You can pick and choose the bits you like but there's a good chance that if you just throw these two in your mods folder at the same time, one will cancel the other out. When adding mods you have to be a bit discerning and pick what you like from different mod sets OR just go with one mod set. Always a good idea to test new mods without anything else active in your mods folder, that way you can see what effect that particular mod has, if it improves or does what you hope for, and, importantly, if it actually works ...

18 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1229

It doesn't work, they don't have yellow uniforms and I don't have any flowers or nature anywhere. I tried a lot of uniforms and it's not in the game.

... nice segue into this one ... It's most likely that these uniforms have the old file nomenclature. At some point, don't remember when, the way uniform texture .bmps, and maybe other stuff, was named in the game engine was significantly altered such that it broke many of the earlier mods, consequently they will not work unless renamed to the new naming scheme, even then there may be issues. If the original mod maker is around they might be inclined to help, but many years have passed ... Somebody could probably port some tropical coloured uniforms from CMFI for the HG troops ... anybody?

9 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

Yes man a true classic. RO is great. 

9 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

I imagine the adrenaline with a real live opponent. That would be like a real For example Steel Division 2 the most boring multiplayer in the world. It's a total waste in 10 minutes you fall asleep in boredom.

HAHA TRUE 

9 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

You can pick and choose the bits you like but there's a good chance that if you just throw these two in your mods folder at the same time, one will cancel the other out. When adding mods you have to be a bit discerning and pick what you like from different mod sets OR just go with one mod set. Always a good idea to test new mods without anything else active in your mods folder, that way you can see what effect that particular mod has, if it improves or does what you hope for, and, importantly, if it actually works ...

... nice segue into this one ... It's most likely that these uniforms have the old file nomenclature. At some point, don't remember when, the way uniform texture .bmps, and maybe other stuff, was named in the game engine was significantly altered such that it broke many of the earlier mods, consequently they will not work unless renamed to the new naming scheme, even then there may be issues. If the original mod maker is around they might be inclined to help, but many years have passed ... Somebody could probably port some tropical coloured uniforms from CMFI for the HG troops ... anybody?

You're right, it's not worth looking for.

Almost nothing works for me.
I JUST HAVE TO FIND A COMPLETE MOD THAT CONTAINS EVERYTHING INSIDE.

So the self-extracting mod contains graphics, nature, uniforms, vehicle appearance, explosions, etc. And better sound.

Edited by AdamPraha

Don't think what you are looking for exists.  Most of us have spent years collecting and examining sets of mods that we have selected from all the many options that exist.  It's all a matter of personal preference.  You should start looking at CMMODS and other sites and see what you like.  

15 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

You're right, it's not worth looking for.

Almost nothing works for me.
I JUST HAVE TO FIND A COMPLETE MOD THAT CONTAINS EVERYTHING INSIDE.

So the self-extracting mod contains graphics, nature, uniforms, vehicle appearance, explosions, etc. And better sound.

This would be the mod to end all mods, the muvver load, weighing in at somewhere north of 20GB no doubt. 😉

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Don't think what you are looking for exists.  Most of us have spent years collecting and examining sets of mods that we have selected from all the many options that exist.  It's all a matter of personal preference.  You should start looking at CMMODS and other sites and see what you like.  

What Erwin said ... Sorry AdamPraha, much as it would be nice to have a quick-one-button-nuke-your-Z-folder-fix it's just not going to happen. As you've already seen you like the trees from this mod and the ground from that mod, what if your muvver mod had trees you don't like, you're back searching for trees again, and then there's that nasty T-34 texture that hurts your eyes every time you see it, off you go to search for a new one ... it's just the nature of mods and personal preference. My tuppence, start with one mod, drop it in your z folder and play a game with it, then rinse and repeat, some packs change a lot some only one thing, some you'll love some you'll wonder what the modder was thinking, but you'll soon have a load of mods installed AND you'll have played the games a bit. Ooh and BTW it's an itch you can never scratch enough, once you start modding the game you'll become a complete slut to it ...

The Shock force 2 self-extracting mode works great.

It is not necessary to collect all mods now.

One auto-install mod that already contains it would suffice. Is there at least one for this old game? Can't I find him anywhere?

If it exists and I can't find it. What's the mod's name?

https://ibb.co/1b7gxGF

This mod is good and enough.

Is there any such mod for Red Thunder (with  Fire and Rubble )   ???

Yes or not ?

Edited by AdamPraha

Combine commands during movement and combat
I read the manual, but I'm still having trouble with it.

1 move here
2 now throw smoke
3 wait 10 seconds (before there is smoke everywhere)
4 Assault the house.
So which button should I press?

In order for the commands to line up one after the other with a 10-second time interval?

I TESTED IT . The only thing that will do is the inscription "pause !!! There is nothing to set other than the "pause" button. No 10 or 20 seconds can be put there.

I'll move here to this place. Now wait 10 seconds ... it doesn't work either.

Anytime anywhere by pressing the "pause unit" button.

Timing stopped working for me.
So I can't even combine commands.I don't have the timer there.The option to set the time has disappeared.

Edited by AdamPraha

1 hour ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

You have to press Pause when the relevant waypoint is highlighted, so select the waypoint where you want to  stop them and then press the pause button until you see the time you want displayed

This is the second button to pause the game. There are two buttons unnecessarily here.

It's like this:

The "S" menu must first be.... And inside is the second pause button and here this is the time timer.

There is a confusing green circle with an alarm clock on the surface. This button is only pause in game.

Of course, it confused me that there are two buttons for the same thing.

But thanks you Monty.

I would suggest removing that green button from the menu. This green button is absolutely here to confuse the player.It has no function.

Edited by AdamPraha

On 5/25/2021 at 1:58 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

What Erwin said ... Sorry AdamPraha, much as it would be nice to have a quick-one-button-nuke-your-Z-folder-fix it's just not going to happen. As you've already seen you like the trees from this mod and the ground from that mod, what if your muvver mod had trees you don't like, you're back searching for trees again, and then there's that nasty T-34 texture that hurts your eyes every time you see it, off you go to search for a new one ... it's just the nature of mods and personal preference. My tuppence, start with one mod, drop it in your z folder and play a game with it, then rinse and repeat, some packs change a lot some only one thing, some you'll love some you'll wonder what the modder was thinking, but you'll soon have a load of mods installed AND you'll have played the games a bit. Ooh and BTW it's an itch you can never scratch enough, once you start modding the game you'll become a complete slut to it ...

+1 (or more) to all of this, totally agree.  And get @Lucky_Strike's work for sure if you're looking at BN.

2 hours ago, AdamPraha said:

This green button is absolutely here to confuse the player.It has no function.

I can't do anything without it. If you have highlighted a waypoint, you press P a few times. Now the vehicle you want to pause was on hunt stopped to shoot the enemy to pieces. You revise your plans at the next turn. You need to push the green button to cancel the timed pause.