Now or never mission (USSR saboter) no air support

• AdamPraha changed the title to Now or never mission (USSR saboter) no air support
7 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Air support acts independently in Red Thunder - you have no control over when and where it will show up

This is only for Soviet air support or for German as well? I understand from what has been written in other threads that only the Soviet air support behave on their own, or when the scenario designer has decided that they should arrive.

In RT artillery apart from mortars and light field-guns are subject to set piece protocols. The same with their air force not even their regimental FO can call off an air attack. Personally, I think it is a little over the top. If friendly casualties is acquired by their air force, shooting a prearranged flare should be possible. Artillery should be looked at in future modules. For the Brits, a rolling barrage could already be plotted in 1917 to give an example. The air force is treated by the Western Allies as flying artillery, in Normandy strategic bombers often got it wrong. To correct myself I see only fighter bombers in the scenarios. 

1 minute ago, E5K said:

In RT I dont bother with air support. I have been attacked by my own planes to many times.

The last time I used it my own planes attacked me 4 times. Never did attack the enemy.

lol.

This is a really realistic simulator. This corresponds to the time of WW2.

6 minutes ago, AdamPraha said:

lol.

This is a really realistic simulator. This corresponds to the time of WW2.

Agree this is a very realistic simulator. But I think there a little off with air power in RT.

If you get to close to your own air or artillery strike the game will punish you. And im all for that.

Friendly fire is a fact of war.

To each his own. In RT Ill get by with out it.