Site/Scenarios Up

Ok, I have my new website up that will be hosting the WWII scenarios that I've made. There are links on it to all the scenarios I've done to date, including a new one I finished off yesterday. There is a contact form there if anyone runs into problems downloading the games or if a scenario is defective in some way. Now, I'm a rank amateur at this still so these may or may not be up to the level of some of the top scenario designers here (almost certainly "not"), but I'm learning something new with each new scenario and hopefully they will at least be entertaining enough to have made the download (never mind the price ;) ) worth it. 

I will tell everyone up front, my scenarios aren't always "fair". If I have a reference to a particular battle from something I've read, and the battle sounds interesting to me yet rather one sided, chances are that's how the scenario will come out as well. It won't mean that the side with the weaker forces can't win. It's just unlikely. However, given a strong player taking the weak side, anything is possible. Where situations like that have come up, generally I will try to make the time limit be somewhat restrictive, or introduce other characteristics (such as unit objectives, parameters, etc.) balance things somewhat. One example might be my latest, "The Beach House". The Allied forces dramatically out number the Italians, however, they only have 30 minutes to get off the beach and get north off an exit zone that isn't huge. The Italians, even if they are totally annihilated, may pick up considerable points if the Allies don't make it there. Anyway, I tend to play these scenarios for the enjoyment of the tactics rather than wracking up points and that's largely how my scenarios will be defined. If that's not your cup of tea, then you may want to pass them by. As long as some people get some enjoyment from them (and me too :D ), then I'm good with that. 

Ok, you can head over to My Site and have a gander at your leisure. There are only 4 up there now, but I hope to add at least 1 more by the end of May. My goal is to add 2 to 3 a month, but don't hold me to that (I do have other things that really need tending to since I blitzed learning to make these and those things got neglected in the process). I hope you enjoy them and a huge thank you again to the many, many people here who have helped me get over the hump, as it were. None of this would be possible without you guys.

My Site

5 hours ago, Canuck21 said:

I will tell everyone up front, my scenarios aren't always "fair". If I have a reference to a particular battle from something I've read, and the battle sounds interesting to me yet rather one sided, chances are that's how the scenario will come out as well. It won't mean that the side with the weaker forces can't win. It's just unlikely.

Vision, passion and research ... a great way to approach scenario design - you may not be the rank amateur you think you are my friend.

Thank YOU :) . 

One thing I'm going to do going forward is to make better maps and briefings. I've taken some sample shots of what others have done and I'm going to try and conform to those more. I feel mine were thrown together a bit and they deserve better treatment than that. A couple of people, especially @kohlenklau have been very helpful in that regard, and while I certainly took in what they were saying about briefings, I put most of my time into learning the AI and they got left behind a bit. That will change going forward. So I'm still learning, but it is coming ;) . 

1 hour ago, chocice said:

Just completed "Night Moves" for CMFI, great little scenario@Canuck21, exactly the sort of skirmish i like. 

Came away with a total victory, 😊.

Thanks again.

Thank you for this :) . Knowing people are playing these makes it all worthwhile. I really appreciate you letting me know, and congrats on getting the victory  👍