Rebels on Odessa

On 5/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, Glubokii Boy said:

Hello...I have finished the map...I will provide a link down below if anyone would like to download it and use it in their own scenarios or in H2H games...

The map in the editor

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-37-56-65.bm

As mentioned at the start of this thread one of the main features of this map will be a number of 'blocks' that consist of multiple single tile
buildings combined together to build up the towns main housing complexes...These combinations of buildings will form nice fighting possitions that will allow
for full freedom of movement inside the buildings as all of them have fully funtioning internal door on every floor and in every direction. My goal here is to
try and make these buildings somewhat harder to suppres from the outside as there are so many different locations in them...with the ability to repossition within them quickly..

Some of these blocks seen from the editor...

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-38-43-12.bm

And in game...

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-37-25-78.bm

appart from these 'blocks' the map contains a large number of other rubbled buildings as well as a complete factory district with two decent sized factories
that also will allow for some form of movement inside them.

The map is by no means huge but it is very detailed and i contains a lot of 'stuff'...

some more pictures...

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-32-18-16.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-32-41-92.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-33-28-13.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-35-09-41.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-35-20-63.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-35-46-37.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-36-36-24.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-20_20-43-52-13.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-20_20-42-55-05.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-20_06-17-33-82.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-20_06-16-37-54.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-20_06-14-55-86.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-36-03-15.bm

CM_Red_Thunder_2021-05-21_17-36-16-51.bm

Very nice job @Glubokii Boy good atmosphere, could you pls added some wrecks vehicles that I did for CMRT, I would like to see if they are working correctly and also the opinion from the forum members...

I cannot added myself I am on trip for couples of days.

Thanks in advance.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Very nice job @Glubokii Boy good atmosphere, could you pls added some wrecks vehicles that I did for CMRT, I would like to see if they are working correctly and also the opinion from the forum members...

I cannot added myself I am on trip for couples of days.

Thanks in advance.

JM

Thanks, JM

Some wrecked vehicles would be nice. I have to confess though that due to somewhat less computer time in the past few years i have not been following most of the thread/projects on this forum as well as i might have...

I had a look at CM-mods but could not find any wrecked vehicle mod...Could you please point my in the right direction ? 😉

3 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Thanks, JM

Some wrecked vehicles would be nice. I have to confess though that due to somewhat less computer time in the past few years i have not been following most of the thread/projects on this forum as well as i might have...

I had a look at CM-mods but could not find any wrecked vehicle mod...Could you please point my in the right direction ? 😉

Sure, thanks to your reply, go to JM's Corner thread, 

the link is below like this one

JM's Mods

https://www...

I would like to have some opinions, in case I have to change something, before I put via @Bootie on the Mods place, for the final vers., this is why you cannot find it by CMMODs for the time.

JM

9 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

I would like to have some opinions, in case I have to change something, before I put via @Bootie on the Mods place, for the final vers., this is why you cannot find it by CMMODs for the time.

Hello, JM

I have downloaded you mod and had an initial look at it...Overall...things looks VERY PROMISING imo...a few little thing here and there though 🙃...list below...

Bin 1 - Gaz NM - looks good, rotates well

Bin 2 - T34-85 - looks very good, rotates well

Bin 3 - T34, 1942 - looks very good, rotates well

Bin 4 - Gaz 67 - looks very good, rotates well

Bin 5 - US truck + jeep - Can't rotate it and the model dissapears completally when wiew from the rear at a somewhat close distance.

Bin 6 - T34-85 + AT gun - looks good, rotates well

Bin 7 - lend lease halftrack - looks good, rotates well

Bin 8 - lend lease Sherman - look very good, rotates well

Bin 9 - Gaz MN - look good, rotates well...a very small detail...right headlight sort of dissapears at some angles...no big deal though imo...

Drum 2 - Panther - look very good, rotates well

Drum 3 - Kubelwagen - look good, rotates well

Drum 4 - T34 + Opel Blitz - Can't rotate or remove

Drum 5 - JagdPanzer - look very good, rotate well

Drum 6 - Opel b3 - look very good, rotate well

Drum 7 - PAK - look very good, rotate well

Drum 8 - Pz IIIG - look good, rotates OK...the front visionblocks dissapear at some rotating angles.

Drum 9 - Skdfz 250 - look good, rotates well

Barrel 2 - Mercedes - looks somewhat to shiney, a bit tricky to rotate

Barrel 3 - Audi - look OK (maybe to shiney), Can't rotate or delete.

Barrel 4 - Opel 1 - look good, rotate well...front hood dissapears at some angles.

Barrel 5 - Opel 2 + 3 - greenish car to shiney, rotate Ok

Barrel 6 - Opel 4 - look good (left rear rim is missing), rotates well

Barrel 7 - Opel rusted - looks to shiney, rotates well

Barrel 8 - Opel Blitz - look OK ( Maybe tone down the brown rear somewhat), rotates well

Barrel 9 - Opel Merce - looks Ok (maybe tone down the green rear somewhat), rotates well

These mods will be a great addition to the game ! 👍 😊...most of the looks very good and function fine...

They will add some nice flavour to the scenarios...I certainly hope you make more of them...Great work so far !

I will make an additional version of the map with some of these included as well as perhaps some other mods..

It should be finished within the week i'm guessing...

Thanks for your outstanding work !!!

1 hour ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Hello, JM

I have downloaded you mod and had an initial look at it...Overall...things looks VERY PROMISING imo...a few little thing here and there though 🙃...list below...

Bin 1 - Gaz NM - looks good, rotates well

Bin 2 - T34-85 - looks very good, rotates well

Bin 3 - T34, 1942 - looks very good, rotates well

Bin 4 - Gaz 67 - looks very good, rotates well

Bin 5 - US truck + jeep - Can't rotate it and the model dissapears completally when wiew from the rear at a somewhat close distance.

Bin 6 - T34-85 + AT gun - looks good, rotates well

Bin 7 - lend lease halftrack - looks good, rotates well

Bin 8 - lend lease Sherman - look very good, rotates well

Bin 9 - Gaz MN - look good, rotates well...a very small detail...right headlight sort of dissapears at some angles...no big deal though imo...

Drum 2 - Panther - look very good, rotates well

Drum 3 - Kubelwagen - look good, rotates well

Drum 4 - T34 + Opel Blitz - Can't rotate or remove

Drum 5 - JagdPanzer - look very good, rotate well

Drum 6 - Opel b3 - look very good, rotate well

Drum 7 - PAK - look very good, rotate well

Drum 8 - Pz IIIG - look good, rotates OK...the front visionblocks dissapear at some rotating angles.

Drum 9 - Skdfz 250 - look good, rotates well

Barrel 2 - Mercedes - looks somewhat to shiney, a bit tricky to rotate

Barrel 3 - Audi - look OK (maybe to shiney), Can't rotate or delete.

Barrel 4 - Opel 1 - look good, rotate well...front hood dissapears at some angles.

Barrel 5 - Opel 2 + 3 - greenish car to shiney, rotate Ok

Barrel 6 - Opel 4 - look good (left rear rim is missing), rotates well

Barrel 7 - Opel rusted - looks to shiney, rotates well

Barrel 8 - Opel Blitz - look OK ( Maybe tone down the brown rear somewhat), rotates well

Barrel 9 - Opel Merce - looks Ok (maybe tone down the green rear somewhat), rotates well

These mods will be a great addition to the game ! 👍 😊...most of the looks very good and function fine...

They will add some nice flavour to the scenarios...I certainly hope you make more of them...Great work so far !

I will make an additional version of the map with some of these included as well as perhaps some other mods..

It should be finished within the week i'm guessing...

Thanks for your outstanding work !!!

Thank you for this rapid and complete check, I will reworking on the mistakes.

...about disappear models I saw this also and really I have to check why, for now I don t know the reason, and don t have no Idea ??, but I will stick on to find why !!!

@falaise was explain also a problem with double textures of the Sherman, this now fixed.

Could you eventual make a copy of your reply in my Corner that I have all together to repair the mistakes, and  alll others eventuals remarks and advices on the same place !?

This will be very kind of you.

Hope you will enjoy it in your map and scenarios environnement !

Thanks again to take time to send me the details !

JM

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very cool indeed.  B)

I'm really impresed by this map.

Thanks, Sgt.

I'm quite happy with how the map turned out...You could always do more i guess but at some point enough has to be enough...😎 Hopefully it will be a decent compromice between detail and performance...

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

I already made a scenario for it but I gotta tone it down for real time :(

Way to to 😊...You are offcourse free to tweak and adjust the map as you see fit.

I'm myself currently working on my first scenario on this map also...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...

I'm putting the final touches on a scenario i made for this map...It will be a fictional scenario depicting the final russian push into Odessa in april 44...I will be using partisans to simulate rumanian stragglers left in the city...These desperate guys will be supported by a handfull of german rearguard units...I'm having some trouble finding any information about what german and rumanian units that might have been in the area in these final days...If anybody knows i would be greatful...Division and preferably also regiments would be nice...

The briefing and final naming of the units is all that is left to do...

Being a purely fictional scenario getting this somewhat correct is obviously not neccesary but if anybody knows...?

Why not 😊...

• 2 months later...

Hi do you plan on expanding this further? Please do, and  continue until you cannot any more. If you want a hand I would definitely help. I am having a lot of fun in CMCW. I tried to make it work with CMBS but no luck. It doesn't like the 3 story houses

On 4/2/2022 at 9:27 PM, Artkin said:

Hi do you plan on expanding this further? Please do, and  continue until you cannot any more. If you want a hand I would definitely help. I am having a lot of fun in CMCW. I tried to make it work with CMBS but no luck. It doesn't like the 3 story houses

Hello, Artkin

I'm glad you like the map and have found some use for it 😎...Have you been able to port it over to CMCW ? If so thats cool...

I have been working on a scenario using a major part of the map. Hopefully i will have that finished in a not to distant future. This time it will not be set in Odessa but  rahter a fictional battle covering the russian attack on Königsberg.

I'm trying something a little bit different (atleast for me) with regrards to the AI troops 😊...Initial testing seems quite promising. I belive this will be my last 'major' designing effort until next winter...

Many other RL things takes priority over computer gaming for me during the spring, summer so i will not really have time for any major design work during this period. I may possibly do some more work on this map or a new simular one during the summer...but nothing major and i do not want to commit to a joint effort right now because of my limited computer time.

Many thanks for your offer to help out though

Best regards/ Glubokii Boy

6 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Hello, Artkin

I'm glad you like the map and have found some use for it 😎...Have you been able to port it over to CMCW ? If so thats cool...

I have been working on a scenario using a major part of the map. Hopefully i will have that finished in a not to distant future. This time it will not be set in Odessa but  rahter a fictional battle covering the russian attack on Königsberg.

I'm trying something a little bit different (atleast for me) with regrards to the AI troops 😊...Initial testing seems quite promising. I belive this will be my last 'major' designing effort until next winter...

Many other RL things takes priority over computer gaming for me during the spring, summer so i will not really have time for any major design work during this period. I may possibly do some more work on this map or a new simular one during the summer...but nothing major and i do not want to commit to a joint effort right now because of my limited computer time.

Many thanks for your offer to help out though

Best regards/ Glubokii Boy

Yeah it managed to port over to CMCW just fine. However, it won't port over to CMBS nicely. I suspect this is due to particular 3/4 story houses from CMRT. I had the same issue while converting the Berlin map to CMBS. It worked after I removed those houses.

I feel you, I have made a bunch but to polish it up it takes time. Odessa is pretty polished already so it would take a while to add more to it.

I look forward to your new content!