Scenarios Up

My third scenario is posted now on my site (My Site). This was actually the second scenario I did, after Dnieper Rising, and is about elements of the British Airlanding Brigade securing transportation routes through from Syracuse to the south. Anyway, have a read both on my webpage and in the Briefing, etc. text files within the scenario itself. This is for CMFI + GL (currently I have it wrong on the promo icon and will be changing it very shortly-probably by time you get to the site). It is playable as both Allies against the Italian AI OR H2H. There is no AI for the Allies (British) at this time. Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you enjoy it.

@kohlenklau Southern Ontario - tundra??? :D  Oh, and what's a "parachute"? I used to have a sign in one of the seaplanes I flew that said, "If you must smoke, please step outside". No one ever took me up on that, although there was one guy who was particularly belligerent whom I "invited" to step outside (we were only 500 ft up at the time) if he really felt he couldn't go (literally) 5 minutes without a smoke ;) . He declined and put the cigarette out. Good choice ;) .

No, unfortunately not. Unless someone responds here, I have no idea how often it's been downloaded. The actual link just goes straight to my Dropbox account. Likely what I will do at the end of this week is just post something here with my site link and people can go check it out at their leisure if they are looking for new scenarios, rather than me announcing every time I put a new one up. I'm about caught up to all the ones I was training on, so from here out I'm hoping to do 2 to 3 a month, but that could be variable. I have an idea for a new one this morning that I'll be working on for CMFI + GL. I've been reading "Operation Husky" by Mark Zuehlke, specifically about a company of Hasty-P's landing in Sicily and some details of how that went, and it sounds like it would make for a good scenario (unless you're the Italians - didn't go so well for them, but it easily could have were it not for one major factor - and that's all I'm saying :D ). So as I say, the easiest thing for me to do is to simply link it to my site and people can check in whenever they feel like it.

@Vacilllator - many thanks for the comment on the artwork :) . I really appreciate that. I am thinking that once I get a few minutes, maybe next week, I'll make a site dedicated to links for the scenarios. Using my art site feels a little (to me) like I'm pushing my art a bit. It's not the case as I don't sell my work, but still, I'm not sure these two things (art and BF scenarios) really go together that well. Nevertheless, it's really nice that people have commented on the art and very much appreciated :) .

17 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Thanks for the scenarios, all 3 downloaded and installed.  Will give them a try...

Nice artwork on the site too 😉.

like my comrade
With a big crush for "Cabot Head and Green Wave"
I think you are also the images illustrating the scenarios,  magnifique !

merci @Canuck21

@kohlenklau - Thanks - great idea!!! Likely next week when I get the new site up, but good thinking.

@Falaise - Merci beaucoup! We, I do do the graphics for the scenario links. Very much appreciate the comments :) . 

FYI, nicely into a new scenario for CMFI + GL. Everything (I think) is done except for the AI (Allies vs. Italians AI or H2H, if you're a suicidal Italian, maybe :D ). The AI for this will be easy but some balancing is going to be tricky for this one. It was all Italians except for one very important factor that showed up just in time, so as I say, I may need to work on this for a bit. Hopefully by tomorrow 🤞.

Excellent! Good job there. The "interesting" thing with this one is, if you get the timing wrong, OR the AI decides to go with a different plan (there are 4 AI Plans for the defence in this scenario), then you are outnumbered and as the attacker, that's not a good thing ;) . You guys did very well. Nice job.

1 minute ago, RockinHarry said:

Let´s hope CW module for CMFB won´t take too long.

You and me both!!!! I would love to take the Canucks through to the end, and like I've seen some here state, I too like playing winter scenarios. I really like Market Garden, but it's very limited in the time frame, and the Canadians (as well as everyone else) had a big role to play in the Low Countries after Market Garden. Do you know if such a module is being worked on?

5 hours ago, Canuck21 said:

You and me both!!!! I would love to take the Canucks through to the end, and like I've seen some here state, I too like playing winter scenarios. I really like Market Garden, but it's very limited in the time frame, and the Canadians (as well as everyone else) had a big role to play in the Low Countries after Market Garden. Do you know if such a module is being worked on?

Unfortunately no. My wishfull thinking and hopefully within next 1 or 2 years maybe. With regard to canucks I always found The Victory Campaign series a great inspiration and base source for mission creations. And beside that most relevant battlefields lay in my former homes (Düsseldorf) backyard so to say. Did many a tour around there thus my special interest (hurtgen forest, Veritable etc.)

11 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Few turns into Dnjepr Bridgehead now. In fact my very first CMRT mission playing the russkies

I'm trying to "like" your post but BF is telling me I can't do anymore today. It's 07:00 here 🙁. I haven't even liked myself yet 😏. Anyway, glad you're playing it. I like that game much better than I expected for some reason.

29 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

I'm not familiar with "The Victory Campaign Series". Can you tell me what/where that is? Thanks :) .

The official canadian history series. Among my favorites, beside Whitakers book (Rhineland). Here´s one the PDF file sources: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/military-history/history-heritage/official-military-history-lineages/official-histories/book-1960-army-ww2-3.html You´ll like it!  😎

27 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

I'm trying to "like" your post but BF is telling me I can't do anymore today. It's 07:00 here 🙁. I haven't even liked myself yet 😏. Anyway, glad you're playing it. I like that game much better than I expected for some reason.

Hehe... no worries! Think I´ll get my playtrough finished this weekend. 🤘

Edited by RockinHarry

Sooo.... now I´m about 1/4th into Dnjepr Rising. I´m somewhat slow on this one admittedly. Before I go into any details on my game play (un-russian like I´d guess), to something else. After bits of reconnoitering german positions I put some mortar barrage to where I decided would be my point of main effort lil later. So after the first bombs fell I was unpleasently surprised seeing some germans leaving their foxholes and partly moving toward my positions. Wasn´t even germans in the middle of my area fire target, but rather at periphery. Anybody else noticed this playing that mission? If it´s not some part of AI sripting involved (didn´t open mission in editor as of yet), it seems the old "leaving foxholes" issue has raised its ugly head again. IIRC this one was "fixed" with some the previous V4.x patches. Ideas anybody? .... CMRT + F&R V2.11

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

I was unpleasently surprised seeing some germans leaving their foxholes and partly moving toward my positions.

AHH, you found the "Chicken" Sub Routine I see :D :D ! That's the one where the Germans all panic and run straight into the line of fire so they can "get it over with!"

Ok, I'm kidding obviously. Some of them do move around under all of the AI's I built, but none should be abandoning the foxholes. That doesn't sound good and I'm not sure why they would be doing that. I'll double check I haven't put in an order that I was testing and forgot about tomorrow and let you know. There is no attack order (i.e. no built in counter attack) in this scenario, so what's happening, I'm really not sure. This was built prior to F&R, so if there is a bug of some kind it would be with CMRT. If you happen to find anything yourself, let me know. If I can fix it, I will, but as I say, I'll check it out tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Canuck21 said:

AHH, you found the "Chicken" Sub Routine I see :D :D ! That's the one where the Germans all panic and run straight into the line of fire so they can "get it over with!"

Ok, I'm kidding obviously. Some of them do move around under all of the AI's I built, but none should be abandoning the foxholes. That doesn't sound good and I'm not sure why they would be doing that. I'll double check I haven't put in an order that I was testing and forgot about tomorrow and let you know. There is no attack order (i.e. no built in counter attack) in this scenario, so what's happening, I'm really not sure. This was built prior to F&R, so if there is a bug of some kind it would be with CMRT. If you happen to find anything yourself, let me know. If I can fix it, I will, but as I say, I'll check it out tomorrow.

can´t recreate in some quick test mission I made. So no idea why they chose that chicken thing.  😁 You got some PM.