How to set the highest resolution? 4 K ? 3840-2160 ((Graphic modes to download?)

Hi

Is it possible to download MOD improved graphics for the game?

For better graphics in the game?

How to set 4 K graphics in the game? It only shows me low resolution, I don't know why. All other games can be run in 4K. Only this one can't set up to 4k.

How to do it? 3840-2160...

Thanks in advance for the information.

Edited by AdamPraha

Did you try changing the "display size.txt" file to 0 0 0 or 3840 2160 0?  That's traditionally how I get to 2560 x 1600.  For most games you can find that in Admin/My Documents/Battlefront/Combat Mission/"Game".  (CMBN is different - look in the CMBN game folder for the file.)

However...  I find higher res than that makes the text etc very small and hard to read on my 30" monitor.  One cannot scale the text in any CM2 game.  Need to get a 40"+ monitor I guess.  

Edited by Erwin

53 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Did you try changing the "display size.txt" file to 0 0 0 or 3840 2160 0?  That's traditionally how I get to 2560 x 1600.  For most games you can find that in Admin/My Documents/Battlefront/Combat Mission/"Game".  (CMBN is different - look in the CMBN game folder for the file.)

However...  I find higher res than that makes the text etc very small and hard to read on my 30" monitor.  One cannot scale the text in any CM2 game.  Need to get a 40"+ monitor I guess.  

Yeah here it is. Thanks 

Command Keys and display size 0 0 0

I have a monitor 95 centimeters (almost  one meter). I'll try to rewrite it here.

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

You know that "{" and "}" decreases and increases in-game graphics quality?

You're right . It wrote something. I haven't tried much yet.

I'm going to do it now.Good tip.

However, I noticed a forum with the name of " several good guys.

They have a lot of modified tanks and probably even uniforms, etc.
Some improved graphics.

I will try to download improved graphics for the 21st century.👌

On 5/11/2021 at 10:45 PM, AdamPraha said:

Hi

Is it possible to download MOD improved graphics for the game?

For better graphics in the game?

Here you go.

Whatever you can't find here

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

you should find here

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/

Mord.

Edited by Mord

On 5/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, Erwin said:

Some good mods there.  Be aware that these are only a very small number of xnt mods that are available for CMSF.  My CMSF Z folder is something like 5.6GB - with another 9+GB in my "CMSF UNUSED MODS" folder.

Hey Erwine !

I've noticed that you understand that very well in the field of MOD.

I don't want to be rude or intrusive ... if I asked ... wouldn't it be possible to get such a functional component from you ?

I'm a complete noob. It doesn't work very well for me in Red Thunder.

(It works perfectly in Shock force 2 for me.)

For example, soldiers have spotted pants. Or I can't do the landscape or the uniforms. I'm all wrong.

So if you have such a huge functional component? And you're an expert here.

Couldn't you consider "lending that mode to me on my computer?They would stay on my computer for about 10 years.Of course just only for me.

Of course, I would not publish anything anywhere. Only on my computer. For singleplayer.

Edited by AdamPraha

Adam... don't mean to be rude, but have no idea what you are talking about.   :blink:

All I did was illuminate how to change the resolution that the game plays in by editing the "display size" file and point out that in-game 3D model graphics can be changed via the "{" and "}" keys.

Sometimes, I think you are pulling our legs, mate.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Adam... don't mean to be rude, but have no idea what you are talking about.   :blink:

All I did was illuminate how to change the resolution that the game plays in by editing the "display size" file and point out that in-game 3D model graphics can be changed via the "{" and "}" keys.

Sometimes, I think you are pulling our legs, mate.

All I wanted to say was :Do you have a working collection of mods for the game?

Like a green landscape, vehicles weapons and uniforms.Sound and ...

I tried to do it myself, but it doesn't work very well for me.

Half the mods don't work for me.

Some old players probably have a fully equipped library with lots of functional modes.

That's all. I just don't know much about those modes and they don't work for me much.

You realize that a typical mod folder may be about 20GB consisting of many hundreds of mods - not including even more alternative mods in an "UNUSED MODS" folder that may be even larger.  All that was sent to Bootie for his CMMODS so folks can d/l what they want.  It's not a situation where one can simply send an entire mod folder to anyone.