Sandbag Walls

Sandbag walls are makeshift defensive fortifications to provide fair cover against enemy fire. Sandbag walls offer limited protection for both infantry and vehicles positioned behind them

Ok, there is the manual description.  Do they provide protection against .50 cal type MGs?  When it comes to vehicles, do they protect against tank guns?  I am guessing not but maybe low velocity 73mm BMP gun and maybe autocannon fire?  I am guessing good protection against RPGs and LAWs for vehicles?  If placed across a road, will they interfere with vehicle movement?  Will they increase protection in a wooden building against small arms and heavier MG fire?   I have some sandbag walls in Brauerdorf and wondering how best to use them.  

Don't  expect too much from them. They're provide some cover from small arms fire. Vehicle protection against RPGs only works if the rocket happens to strike the sandbags before the vehicle. Which could happen, I suppose, but don't bet the game outcome on it.

I definitely would not bet the game on it but it is nice to have the odds shifted in  my direction.  They might help against ATGMs as well...if they hit them.  Would probably help infantry against RPGs.  If they work in buildings and can help negate RPGs that would be very useful for infantry strongpoint.  

14 hours ago, FogForever said:

I definitely would not bet the game on it but it is nice to have the odds shifted in  my direction.  They might help against ATGMs as well...if they hit them.  Would probably help infantry against RPGs.  If they work in buildings and can help negate RPGs that would be very useful for infantry strongpoint.  

Use the sandbags only if terrain doesn't provide hulldown options. I think concrete/rock fences should also work better than sandbags