Mittelachsenbach- what a game!

I just pulled out a Tactical Victory as the Americans in the Mitteachsenbach scenario by the skin of my teeth.

This was one of those games that keeps me coming back to Combat Mission. At first it seemed hopeless. Then reinforcements started tricking in. You threw them in to the line hoping they'd hold. Some did, some didn't. The battle was in doubt right up the the very end.

There was one M60 that found a keyhole position in a village the Soviets bypassed and managed to take out 7 T-80s in the flank as they rolled past before getting knocked out!

The biggest threat to the Americans early in this battle is despair as the sheer size of the Soviet assault becomes apparent. I really didn't think I had a chance until about the 50 minute mark.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 8.51.28 PM.png

On 5/8/2021 at 5:55 AM, Green Clutch said:

I just pulled out a Tactical Victory as the Americans in the Mitteachsenbach scenario by the skin of my teeth.

This was one of those games that keeps me coming back to Combat Mission. At first it seemed hopeless. Then reinforcements started tricking in. You threw them in to the line hoping they'd hold. Some did, some didn't. The battle was in doubt right up the the very end.

There was one M60 that found a keyhole position in a village the Soviets bypassed and managed to take out 7 T-80s in the flank as they rolled past before getting knocked out!

The biggest threat to the Americans early in this battle is despair as the sheer size of the Soviet assault becomes apparent. I really didn't think I had a chance until about the 50 minute mark.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 8.51.28 PM.png

That tank surely did a lot to slow down the Red wave flowing down toward Morles village. Good show.