It seems I exceeded activations.

I recently bought and installed the Fire and Rubble DLC. I copied my old version of CMRT onto my desk top because I was playing a battle against someone who wasn't getting the latest patch.

So we've played a few turns since but now when I try to play either version of the game I get brought to the product activation wizard, and when I copy my product key into it, it say I've exceeded my activations. I've only ever had my games on the one PC.

Edited by nathangun

So what you did was copy your pre-Fire & Rubble installation of CMRT to another directory (to use in a PBEM game) and the original installation was upgraded with the Fire & Rubble module. Nothing else changed about the computer, including installing the 2.11 patch on the old installation ? Now when you attempt to run either the CMRT-only installation or the CMRT upgraded with Fire & Rubble you get prompted to activate the license key each time you run the game (this being the Fire & Rubble license key that you're putting in) ? Were you previously getting 'successful' activations with the resulting screen showing what has been activated in green boxes ?

I'm not sure what happened here. If the game was copied to a new directory on the same Windows system, it should continue to work and NOT require any sort of activation again. One activation should also be enough and there shouldn't be further requests for activations. With an installation of CMRT with the 4.x engine, you typically have to put in both the original CMRT (engine 3.0) license key and the 4.0 Upgrade license key (assuming your copy of CMRT was purchased BEFORE the 4.0 Upgrade came out). Again, this should only be required once and you should only be prompted to activate again if there are significant hardware changes to your computer (new Windows install, new hardware such as video card, CPU, motherboard).

With two installations of the game on the same computer both installs will refer to the same 'Users' directory that stores the game files (scenarios, campaigns, etc.). This will result in a number of scenarios and campaigns that will not load with the CMRT-only installation (though PBEMs should be fine).

You'll need to open up a Support ticket (click on the blue '+ new ticket' button in the upper right) and provide your license keys (possibly your CMRT 3.x, 4.0 Upgrade and definitely your Fire & Rubble license keys). Activations can be added to your Fire & Rubble license key. You might need to temporarily disable your security software when you activate the game in case the activation process is being interfered with (something that is very rare to my knowledge).

6 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

So what you did was copy your pre-Fire & Rubble installation of CMRT to another directory (to use in a PBEM game) and the original installation was upgraded with the Fire & Rubble module. Nothing else changed about the computer, including installing the 2.11 patch on the old installation ? 

That's correct.

Now when you attempt to run either the CMRT-only installation or the CMRT upgraded with Fire & Rubble you get prompted to activate the license key each time you run the game (this being the Fire & Rubble license key that you're putting in) ?

Not since the first activation, but a few days after I installed Fire & Rubble it began to ask again.

Were you previously getting 'successful' activations with the resulting screen showing what has been activated in green boxes ?

Yes when I first installed the game.

You'll need to open up a Support ticket

Will do, thanks. :)