5,300 German East Front aerial recce photos now online at NARA

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 10:36 PM, RockinHarry said:

Great source, thanks! 😎 One can nicely see defense lines, strongpoints, all that.

Sorry, confused? The map overlay file says 'Kirovograd', but the imagery and architecture is totally Holland or maybe Friesland. And that's the nacelle of a P-38, if I am not mistaken.

But yes, you definitely wouldn't want to be underneath some of those bomb strikes.

4 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

Sorry, confused? The map overlay file says 'Kirovograd', but the imagery and architecture is totally Holland or maybe Friesland. And that's the nacelle of a P-38, if I am not mistaken.

But yes, you definitely wouldn't want to be underneath some of those bomb strikes.

Actually no. Seems the captured german aireal photographs of WW2 russia have been put offline again. At least I can´t find them anymore.

22 minutes ago, akd said:

No idea. I would guess they were moved to a different record group.

I guess they´re still in the same group, but since recently a couple more thousand photos might have been added (france in majority from US sources). Now you can´t go beyond entries 10.000 (for performance reasons as stated) and above from ~17k listed. Search function doesn´t help either or I didn´t find a working search tag yet. A pity.

Edited by RockinHarry

• 2 weeks later...