v2.11 patch is now available to download

The safest strategy is to move or copy your content folders (mods and scenarios + campaigns assuming you have downloaded user made content) to your desktop or a safe place elsewhere. 

After you install a patch or re-install the game from the "all in one" download, you can then examine the folders and see if you now have more or fewer scenarios and campaigns (and copy or move back your downloaded content), and also simply move or copy back your mod folder(s).

NB:  To ensure you have all the up to date content it's better to d/l and reinstall  the all-in-one version (imo).

Edited by Erwin

Um... it's been so long since I downloaded an "All in one" folder, I can't remember for sure.  However, I do not think you want a patch. 

I went onto the BF site and for the life of me I could not remember where to find the "All in one" downloads.  Regrettably, it's a bloody awful and outdated site that is very non-intuitive.  Hopefully, someone who has mastered its eccentricities will be along to help you (and remind me how to do it).  

• 2 months later...

Hy members,

I just played the german konrad campaign and realised that there are no MP 44s available for my armored infantry units. So I checked the units in the editor. There too, no MP 44s in the armored infantry. For historical correct reasons I think they should be in the equipment of these units.

Is that a general setting of the game or is it a problem with my installation? Thanks for comments.

On 11/3/2021 at 3:30 PM, Benni said:

I just played the german konrad campaign and realised that there are no MP 44s available for my armored infantry units. So I checked the units in the editor. There too, no MP 44s in the armored infantry.

The TO&E in game is meticulously researched. Sure, errors do occasionally occur but the chances are low that there is an error like this. StG 44s are in the game so chances are they are just issued to the unit or in the time frame you thought.

I don't remember who the author of that campaign is. What time frame and unit formation were you looking at in the editor? Perhaps then someone, for example, @akd would be able to shed some light.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:30 PM, Benni said:

Hy members,

I just played the german konrad campaign and realised that there are no MP 44s available for my armored infantry units. So I checked the units in the editor. There too, no MP 44s in the armored infantry. For historical correct reasons I think they should be in the equipment of these units.

Is that a general setting of the game or is it a problem with my installation? Thanks for comments.

Try Panzergrenadier Battalion 45 (motorized). 

4 hours ago, Benni said:

I tested all Panzergrenadier Units (armored) from 01/1945.

No MP 44's at all. In Final Blitzkrieg the same units have them in their arsenal.

Yes, the armored (gp) battalion TO&E for the Panzer Division did not call for MP44 until a new TO&E was issued in the final months of the war (this was likely not implemented, and didn’t call for many MP44 regardless).  The motorized battalion, however, did receive a new TO&E with Sturm platoons in the Panzergrenadier company, and this of course constituted the bulk of the panzergrenadiers in the division (even more so toward the end of the war).  Most divisions only started conversion to this new TO&E in the first months of 1945, which is when MP44s start showing up in greater numbers in Panzer Divisions.  In general, the Panzer divisions were significantly behind Infantry divisions in the issuance of MP44s, generally receiving them later and in smaller numbers (even relative to their smaller complement of infantry).  Now, of course there were some exceptions of divisions armed more generously with MP44, but this not well-represented by randomly throwing an MP44 or two into every panzergrenadier squad in every unit as it was before.  

However, you are missing some armored battalions with MP44s: look for the armored Panzergrenadier battalions from the Panzer Brigades (type A and B).  Other than small allocations of trial weapons in 1943-44 (most of which were quickly attrited), the Panzer Brigades (at least some of them) were the first Panzer units to receive standard allocations of MP44 by TO&E when they were set up in late summer / early fall of 1944.  In many cases, MP44 first show up on Panzer / Panzergrenadier division returns when they absorbed panzer brigades after they were dissolved in fall of ‘44.

I’d have to look again at the campaign to make any comments on the particular units involved, but the game TO&E is generally meant to represent what was typical across a broad set of units.

EDIT: refreshed my memory and the Operation Konrad unit in the campaign is 5. SS Pz.Div. "Wiking".  5. SS had just 45x MP44 for the entire division on Jan. 1, 1945 (they, in fact, had more Thompson SMGs than MP44s at this time), still had 45x on Jan. 15 and fell to 44x on Feb. 1, 1945.  For that latter date, the Division reported a shortfall of 556x MP44, which remained unaddressed by Apr. 1, 1945, when Wiking was down to just 18x MP44.

Edited by akd

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, akd said:

(they, in fact, had more Thompson SMGs than MP44s at this time)

True, but what they had even more were Beretta smgs. Kinda disappointed they were not in the expansion (similar to their use in the Italian games). That said, that is one of the only complains I have about the module, all the rest is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

HELPP!!!!!

Trying to return and maybe buy the new MOD -- but cant get the original game to work 

So reinstalled the original game - used the license in got back in 2014

CM Red Thunder Engine 3
CMRT-BGV3

When I try to activate the key it appears to work  (I use the 2014 serial key ) 

"M Red Thunder
Unlock Success! The following are unlocked:"

I hit PLAY and get 

"LICENCSE FAILURE message"    and tells me to do the activation again????

PS-- I tried the "Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips" and it didnt help????

license Screenshot 2021-12-26 082952.gif

Edited by ddkk

58 minutes ago, ddkk said:

HELPP!!!!!

Trying to return and maybe buy the new MOD -- but cant get the original game to work 

So reinstalled the original game - used the license in got back in 2014

CM Red Thunder Engine 3
CMRT-BGV3

When I try to activate the key it appears to work  (I use the 2014 serial key ) 

"M Red Thunder
Unlock Success! The following are unlocked:"

I hit PLAY and get 

"LICENCSE FAILURE message"    and tells me to do the activation again????

PS-- I tried the "Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips" and it didnt help????

license Screenshot 2021-12-26 082952.gif

Looks like pre-engine-4 key play is no longer supported with current installers.