v2.11 patch is now available to download

@BFCElvis glad to see the fix for the bridge bug of getting stuck. Will it be applicable to the other games? Curious to know if is a universal fix as I have done/doing quite a lot of bridge testing trying to figure out what causes it. Can you spill the beans on what the fix was?

1 minute ago, rocketman said:

@BFCElvis glad to see the fix for the bridge bug of getting stuck. Will it be applicable to the other games? Curious to know if is a universal fix as I have done/doing quite a lot of bridge testing trying to figure out what causes it. Can you spill the beans on what the fix was?

All that I know is that what was fixed was something specific in the PBEM turn that Redwolf sent. So, it's hard for me to say if it fixed "a" bridge bug or "the" bridge bug. I don't know how it would affect the other games. If it does it will definitely be in a future patch.

4 hours ago, rocketman said:

I just got a Help Desk ticket from someone saying that a bridge bug was making the game unplayable for him. He sent along a saved game file from the Last King if Berlin scenario with the Tiger in the middle of the bridge. I suspect that he was saying that the Tiger wouldn't cross the bridge. I gave it a movement order and it finished crossing without a problem. I'm waiting to hear but from him but I'd bet that he didn't have the v2.11 patch installed yet. If that's the case than the fix was more encompassing than the specific Redwolf situation. I hope that expands on my first reply. 

If you want a Tiger tank stuck on a bridge in CMRT v2.11, I will be so kind to help you out ;)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fk3krmu3j8wbwiv/Tukums-tiger-stuck.bts/file

First mission of Tukums campaign. Tiger is not bogged or immobilized. It still turns to face enemies. But it does not move. It forgets any move order when deselected/selected.

It happened to me three times on that map, with that Tiger. This third time was a test I just did. Provoked it a little by pausing him in the middle. When actually playing this mission yesterday all other crossings were fine and it did not really bother me.

32 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

If you want a Tiger tank stuck on a bridge in CMRT v2.11, I will be so kind to help you out ;)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fk3krmu3j8wbwiv/Tukums-tiger-stuck.bts/file

First mission of Tukums campaign. Tiger is not bogged or immobilized. It still turns to face enemies. But it does not move. It forgets any move order when deselected/selected.

It happened to me three times on that map, with that Tiger. This third time was a test I just did. Provoked it a little by pausing him in the middle. When actually playing this mission yesterday all other crossings were fine and it did not really bother me.

I have had a similar thing, but not on a bridge, but where a tank refuses to follow any movement orders. Just sitting next to a road, nothing damaged, never fired upon. That was in 2.10. I have a save for it.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Note that v2.11 patch seems to have all the data for F&R, so if one purchases later, all one may need is the activation code.

Correct. There will be a time when I remove the download link for a FR purchase,  as I did with Rome to Victory, because if you're patched up all you need to do is activate the module to "unlock" the content.

It is easy to reproduce a minor case of warping:

- drive a tank forward to the middle of the bridge

- let it go the rest of the bridge in reverse so that it pivots 180 degrees on the bridge

During the pivot it will warp once or twice. It isn't a functional problem, though, doesn't get stuck or looped. Works in CMFR 2.11 and CMCW at least.

This savegame, when continued in v2.11, shows a variety of bridge bugs:

1) Almost always the tank on top of the bridge will go into the warping-stuck loop

2) as you move the tank on top of the bridge back and forth and at the same time one of the other tanks back and forth under the bridge you will almost certainly see jumping of tanks off the bridge or onto the bridge

3) sometimes the lower tank will become stuck

https://wavehh.dyndns.org/tmp/bridgebug2.bts

9 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

This savegame, when continued in v2.11, shows a variety of bridge bugs:

1) Almost always the tank on top of the bridge will go into the warping-stuck loop

2) as you move the tank on top of the bridge back and forth and at the same time one of the other tanks back and forth under the bridge you will almost certainly see jumping of tanks off the bridge or onto the bridge

3) sometimes the lower tank will become stuck

https://wavehh.dyndns.org/tmp/bridgebug2.bts

Same bugs exist in CMCW.

https://wavehh.dyndns.org/tmp/bridgebug2-cw.bts

With a twist:

- if you continue from the savegame with "play" (which you normally would), then a warping-stuck loop is shown for the tank on the bridge

- if you instead hit the red button (and never watch the 1 minute turn), then the bug does not appear

• 4 weeks later...

I was just thinking that WinRAR people should have thought ahead, way back then, and instead of saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" it should say "The RAR archive version is beyond what is supported, please update WinRAR".

On 6/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kevin2k said:

I was just thinking that WinRAR people should have thought ahead, way back then, and instead of saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" it should say "The RAR archive version is beyond what is supported, please update WinRAR".

Yep, its not that hard to plan for that but it does take a little work upfront. I have not used WinRAR for a long long time. As soon as tools like 7-zip started supporting RAR I switched away. I never liked the RAR format much so I was happy to let that app go.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Yep, its not that hard to plan for that but it does take a little work upfront. I have not used WinRAR for a long long time. As soon as tools like 7-zip started supporting RAR I switched away. I never liked the RAR format much so I was happy to let that app go.

I still like RAR actually. In my humble experience: 7z compresses a little better, especially with repetitive files. But when I need a single small file from a larger 7z archive, it takes an annoyingly long time to get it out.

13 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

I still like RAR actually. In my humble experience: 7z compresses a little better, especially with repetitive files. But when I need a single small file from a larger 7z archive, it takes an annoyingly long time to get it out.

7z and rar are just containers, compression depends on the algorithm.

• 1 month later...