v2.11 patch is now available to download

Downloading just fine for me after the second click on download. I waited about a minute before the second attempt. Approx 5 - 7 min. download time for me. This with using the best os out there Windows 10 Pro. 😁

Edited by Blazing 88's

Communication intercepted by the abwehr:
Emission: Commarade, they fixed the sabotages on the Schwimmwagen ...
Reception: and on 88 mm shells ...
Emmision: No even if some survey report problems to destroy the Js2
Reception: Be careful, comrade, they seem reactive

2 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

well I am not that far in, luckily.

It won't corrupt the file, or at least REALLY unlikely.  Worst case is it won't load.  So what I recommend doing is saving the v2.10 EXE somewhere (and a copy of your save game to be paranoid), patch to v2.11, then see if the Campaign save opens in v2.11.  If it does you should be good to go.  If it doesn't, move the v2.11 EXE and BRZ file to another directory and put the v2.10 EXE back into the CMRT folder.  You should be able to get going again from there.

Steve

15 minutes ago, akd said:

@Aragorn2002, probably not, but I don't know if the 251/3s will automatically be added to the scenario unless you repurchase the unit.

I can confirm they are not automatically added into an existing scenario or save.

The way CM works is it never adds or removes anything from scenarios or saves because that would cause all kinds of problems.  Individual Soldiers, equipment, and stuff like usually update automatically for existing scenarios, but not saves.

Steve

So it sounds like I've got to back everything up, download a 3 gigabyte file, do a complete fresh install of Red Thunder, then reset my key binds and all options again... just for a little hotfix patch?

I'm not even at the "grumpy old man" stage of life yet, but my gosh Steam integration really can't come soon enough.

5 minutes ago, sttp said:

So it sounds like I've got to back everything up, download a 3 gigabyte file, do a complete fresh install of Red Thunder, then reset my key binds and all options again... just for a little hotfix patch?

I'm not even at the "grumpy old man" stage of life yet, but my gosh Steam integration really can't come soon enough.

The behavior of wiping out everything not in the dist file has been shown only by the Mac installer with the v210 version. The Windows installer did not do that.

1 minute ago, Redwolf said:

The behavior of wiping out everything not in the dist file has been shown only by the Mac installer with the v210 version. The Windows installer did not do that.

Oh okay, that is good to know. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, sttp said:

No, you only have to install this on top of what you have installed now.

Just now, BFCElvis said:

No, you only have to install this on top of what you have installed now.

Thank you. That is a relief, as I don't have tons of free minutes these days. I know you've been working your butt off lately, so hope you wouldn't take what I said as criticism of you personally. I'm really enjoying both Fire & Rubble and Cold War when I can... which is late at night, at the expense of my sleep. Totally worth it though!

31 minutes ago, sttp said:

then reset my key binds and all options again... just for a little hotfix patch?

Something I have been doing for years is saving a copy of the hotkeys.txt file to some backup location so that every time I patch (which is a lot for beta testers) I just copy/paste to get my keybinds back. The same file is universal for all CM games so you just need one backup copy for everything.

1 hour ago, sttp said:

Thank you. That is a relief, as I don't have tons of free minutes these days. I know you've been working your butt off lately, so hope you wouldn't take what I said as criticism of you personally. I'm really enjoying both Fire & Rubble and Cold War when I can... which is late at night, at the expense of my sleep. Totally worth it though!

No offense taken. I'm glad to hear that you're digging the new content. It's been great working on them.

3 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Elvis, do you know whether the Mac full installer will clean out all files not in the installer again? I almost forgot to rescue my scenarios.

It seems that the v211 does not do that. My scenarios are still here, installed over the old v210.

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

I can confirm they are not automatically added into an existing scenario or save.

The way CM works is it never adds or removes anything from scenarios or saves because that would cause all kinds of problems.  Individual Soldiers, equipment, and stuff like usually update automatically for existing scenarios, but not saves.

Steve

I've just checked it and it is as you say. Fortunately I let my company commanders lead from the front and most of the time they get killed.