Jump to content

CMBS or GTMF


Recommended Posts

I can't decide, CMBS or GTMF

What I'm looking for:

- I don't care about the time period
- Realistic tactics
- Immersion (not the most important thing)
- A real challenge
- Realistic ballistics, etc etc.

Anyone who played both?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikek1357 said:

I can't decide, CMBS or GTMF

What I'm looking for:

- I don't care about the time period
- Realistic tactics
- Immersion (not the most important thing)
- A real challenge
- Realistic ballistics, etc etc.

Anyone who played both?

 

Almost all CM titles have demos with like 10h of content. Try and see for yourself. I don't know about graviteam demos

And it doesn't have to be "either or". Get them both I you like them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, mikek1357 said:

I can't decide, CMBS or GTMF

What I'm looking for:

- I don't care about the time period
- Realistic tactics
- Immersion (not the most important thing)
- A real challenge
- Realistic ballistics, etc etc.

Anyone who played both?

 

They are not wives, you can have both!

Imho, Graviteam's advantages are better graphics and less micromanagement. In terms of units control they do a better job.

But in terms of gameplay\ variety\tactics I prefer CM. Graviteam uses computer generated battles on pre made maps, so every mission in GT is so to speak "quick battle" in CM. Where as every CM scenario is hand picked with special tactical situation in mind. What's important CM has relatively simple editor.

Not to mention that Graviteams interface is monstrous disaster, especially in tactical phase. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am puzzled with the claim that CM had poor graphics also that the game is biased against Soviet troops. By 1944 their forces are tank based in the game the only units with radios on a sufficient scale. I found and suspect a lot of players use their PC as their C2. My experiences make me think that a unit must have contacts to make area fire effective and in case of full contact let the TacAI do their work. The game lets you replay and gives the opportunity to capture screenshots for the family photo-album.

attackgermans.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2021 at 4:54 PM, Artkin said:

CM is the undisputed king of war gaming right now. NOBODY even comes close. 

Agreed 100%. Nothing like it, it ain’t perfect but just like Democracy it’s better than the next closest thing lol. I have another game that I tried, can’t remember the name, deals with Operation Bagration and other east front battles. I really like the overall operational aspect of it and wish CM would have something similar, like you get to pick which units are going to enter battle. The tactical level battles of the other game are not my cup of tea. I really like turn based games.

Edited by zmoney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zmoney said:

Steel Division II that’s the other game.

 

25 minutes ago, Bufo said:

No, that's a different style game.

I returned Steel Division 1 when it came out... it was that bad. Felt exactly like Wargame... Nobody comes close to the even the spotting system of cm. Thats why I stopped played good games like Men of War

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

I returned Steel Division 1 when it came out... it was that bad. Felt exactly like Wargame... 

It is from the same studio, ment to be a WW2 version of Wargame, so that's not surprise 😄

The strength of Wargame comes from tactical 10 vs 10 battles, Theres not another game like that on the market, just like CM is unique in it's own way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bufo said:

It is from the same studio, ment to be a WW2 version of Wargame, so that's not surprise 😄

The strength of Wargame comes from tactical 10 vs 10 battles, Theres not another game like that on the market, just like CM is unique in it's own way.

Yeah I knew Eugen was working on it. I had expected it to be halfway decent. But nah of course not. Eugen never had a clue and thats why all their games are dead. When the next games releases, Steel Division will die as well..

You couldn't even play the 10v10 maps on single player (For Wargame Red Dragon at least). The game was dog ****

Instead of appealing to the larger audience (the wargaming community) they hedged their bets on making a niche 10 v 10 helllhole of a game. Even small battles feel totally uncontrollable. Everything moves at least 2-3x faster than they should in that game. Plus the borg spotting. God its so bad. 

Edited by Artkin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Artkin said:

Yeah I knew Eugen was working on it. I had expected it to be halfway decent. But nah of course not. Eugen never had a clue and thats why all their games are dead. When the next games releases, Steel Division will die as well..

You couldn't even play the 10v10 maps on single player (For Wargame Red Dragon at least). The game was dog ****

Instead of appealing to the larger audience (the wargaming community) they hedged their bets on making a niche 10 v 10 helllhole of a game. Even small battles feel totally uncontrollable. Everything moves at least 2-3x faster than they should in that game. Plus the borg spotting. God its so bad. 

Yep it is unplayable on single player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...