Blurry/Pixelated Text

My friend bought the game last night and installed it today, his game is blurry and pixelated at all times, he uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated his drivers, and used the 3d nvidia panel fixed and it still hasn't worked.  

Specs:

Nvidia 1080 -gpu

i5 8700 coffeelake -cpu

(no integrated gpu in motherboard)

Try this to fix the problem

Specifically, go to the CM root directory,

find the application for the game (I tested this with SF2 and BS but I assume it will work with all title using this engine) and right click,

click on 'Properties',

click on the 'Compatibility' tab,

click on 'Change High DPI Settings',

at the bottom of the next popup under 'High DPI Scaling Override' click the checkbox - side note: the default 'Application' setting in the dropdown worked for me but you may need to try some of the other options depending on your specific system

click 'Ok' to close the second popup and save your settings,

click 'Ok' again to close the first popup and save your settings,

play the game!

Gents, you are awesome! The blurry text in this game and Black Sea, put me off to the point of not wanting to play. I purchased this one, in hopes the development team might have fixed the problem, however, to no avail. You have indeed put forth the fix I needed to succeed and dive into this newest title. Heck, might even give their WWII releases another look. 

Thank you both.

1 hour ago, StrykerPSG said:

Gents, you are awesome! The blurry text in this game and Black Sea, put me off to the point of not wanting to play. I purchased this one, in hopes the development team might have fixed the problem, however, to no avail. You have indeed put forth the fix I needed to succeed and dive into this newest title. Heck, might even give their WWII releases another look. 

Thank you both.

All the Combat Mission games are well worth the investment. The rate of return in game hours to money spent is very high. 

1 minute ago, ng cavscout said:

All the Combat Mission games are well worth the investment. The rate of return in game hours to money spent is very high. 

Agreed, 110%. I have been a long time subscriber and even re-bought the CMSF2 series on Steam because I want to support the team. Looking forward to the updated engine that gets tossed around from time to time. I just held off on the latest "Fire and Rubble" series till the text issue could be sorted out properly. Admittedly, wish this could be incorporated into the install, rather than playing with options or waiting for the smarter players, such as yourself, that have a fix.