14 story Buildings!

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

That's a hold-over from CMBS. I just dropped one on a map and thought 'IMPOSING!'

On a whim I went into Google Earth Street View looking for 14-ish story buildings. I finally located some up in Frankfurt.

Hamburg building.jpg

Clear that building from the enemy! 😃

On 5/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, MikeyD said:

That's a hold-over from CMBS. I just dropped one on a map and thought 'IMPOSING!'

On a whim I went into Google Earth Street View looking for 14-ish story buildings. I finally located some up in Frankfurt.

Hamburg building.jpg

Yep, you won‘t see many of those in the area CMCW covers...

59 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Google Earth Street View being banned from 98% of German territory is an inconvenience

BTW, my comment about the high rises wasn't meant as a critique of the ingame maps. These are highly accurate (with some understandable engine limitations) and have some geographic details I wouldn't have imagined to see in a CM game.

My point is, if someone wants to build crazy urban combat scenarios within the general scope of the hypothetical CM:CW war, there's a lot of suitable locations to play in, even fairly close to the Inner-German Border.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Huh? Fulda has a lot of high-rise apartment blocks.

23631346-fulda-aschenberg-zdf-doku-serie

Ooops, must be case of „selective memory“ on my side. I remember only a lush, green, rural countryside and a pitoresque medieval old town. 😊

But you are probably right, Braunschweig and Kassel sport a similar beautiful architecture. Why not Fulda, too. 🤢

The problem with big building on maps is these are typically in areas that would normally be bypassed and encircled. So much emphasis has been on the initial offensive that there hasn't been much thought given to 'endgame' where one side or another is compelled to enter the built-up areas to root-out an entrenched opponent.