Need help to make a decision for M60 texture

Hi Hetzi,

here are some photos I took of the M60A1 at Tankfest 2019, in Bovington, Dorset which may be of interest in your quest for the correct colour scheme.  I can't swear that the scheme is 100% accurate, but I know the museum goes to a lot of effort to preserve their vehicles in as authentic a condition as possible.  

M60A3-3.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-1.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-2.jpg?dl=1M60A3-4.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-5.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-6.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-7.jpg?dl=1

Note - the M60 really is a lot bigger than a Churchill tank... ;)

Edited by FlatEric999

1 hour ago, FlatEric999 said:

here are some photos I took of the M60A3 at Tankfest 2019

Hi Eric

Woow! Thanks for the cool pics. Awesome!

The colour scheme must not be "historically correct" for me. (I know, that's almost a no go in the BF forums) 😁

It just has to look good (but not totally wrong) for me. This is something I like a lot in WW2 camos, they were often "handmade" by the Crew. (At least on the German side.. afaik)

I have started a new Topic in the Mod section. New Files will be linked there.

2 hours ago, FlatEric999 said:

Hi Hetzi,

here are some photos I took of the M60A1 at Tankfest 2019, in Bovington, Dorset which may be of interest in your quest for the correct colour scheme.  I can't swear that the scheme is 100% accurate, but I know the museum goes to a lot of effort to preserve their vehicles in as authentic a condition as possible.  

M60A3-3.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-1.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-2.jpg?dl=1M60A3-4.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-5.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-6.jpg?dl=1

M60A3-7.jpg?dl=1

Note - the M60 really is a lot bigger than a Churchill tank... ;)

Great shots!

Glad you like the photos

Here's a few more from an earlier - and dustier - Tankfest from 2013 (the theme of which, was the Cold War!). Includes the same M60A1 as above, plus an M60A3:

M60-2.jpg?dl=1

M60-3.jpg?dl=1

M60-4.jpg?dl=1M60-5.jpg?dl=1M60-6.jpg?dl=1M60-7.jpg?dl=1M60-8.jpg?dl=1

When can I get one of these in the game? 😁👍

Chieftain-1.jpg?dl=1

Edited by FlatEric999

Even in 1989 when I started my last tour in Germany there were some Bradleys still painted in plain green camo. When I first arrived my unit was just turning in their plain green M2s for forest camouflaged M2A2s. So the green was around for a long time.

All Vehicles are now done in all variants. 🙂

If someone has installed an older version of the mod, please replace it with this one. All textures have been revised to give them a more uniform image.

Note: For example, if someone wants to use Variant 2 as a "winter / autumn texture", he has to replace all textures with  "...[cold].bmp", with the texture "...[cold].bmp" from the variant 2. Not sure if that works, but i think you can add the [cold] to vehicle-textures that don't have a cold texture file, in order to obtain some uniformity. (not tested)

I will always link the latest version of the mod files in my signature, because unfortunately you cannot edit the posts or links here. 😕

The textures for the M2 Bradley and M1 Abrams are retextured from @dpabrams

Link to the Modfiles to put in the Z-Folder: NATO Vehicles all V1-4

V1:

ACtC-3fItJkv-R8Xp4vkVJTYQ5Y40falCkQYl_M3

V2:

ACtC-3epreCNOWYwvI88mMmMBIeAcsr-lAUcO-AW

V3:

ACtC-3ct3kzyvzvJ34TTH0PDILB2Ss3fiIOfMCOc

V4:

ACtC-3dFyIxjJYGp9cpLeT3zokZQasjNfu33wiHr

@dpabrams

Edited by Hetzi

14 minutes ago, Hetzi said:

All Vehicles are now done in all variants. 🙂

If someone has installed an older version of the mod, please replace it with this one. All textures have been revised to give them a more uniform image.

Note: For example, if someone wants to use Variant 2 as a "winter / autumn texture", he has to replace all textures with  "...[cold].bmp", with the texture "...[cold].bmp" from the variant 2. Not sure if that works, but i think you can add the [cold] to vehicle-textures that don't have a cold texture file, in order to obtain some uniformity. (not tested)

I will always link the latest version of the mod files in my signature, because unfortunately you cannot edit the posts or links here. 😕

The textures for the M2 Bradley and M1 Abrams are retextured from @dpabrams

Link to the Modfiles to put in the Z-Folder: NATO Vehicles all V1-4

V1:

rTPUgbdSQwhXFLvbbNILQF1C4tY-sKQz318R3d6b

V2:

u4Vts2Rc5d951aCiQHbhTYGN4nsddiSYVF2Vx9YV

V3:

l0voiQMr5CfGs8ByhvQ4M7oXrRV4y3GSTDyfb8xA

V4:

xRNHokBFAG8o10VV4ev20oQpGxarR8HOCZzXm8QE

All are very nice, thanks you to make you headaches to make us all happy, my favourite V4.

JM