New PC...RT works fine...all the rest black screen

Things have finally slowed down enough that games are again an option. I got a new desktop...using a TV for video. All my games play at 1980x1080. Crappy Nvidia GTX 1660. RT, SF2 and BS fire right up. All the rest...FI, BN, SF2 and worst of all CW show a black screen and then CTD. Help!

BTW new maps in F&R are awesome.

Edited by Attilaforfun

Were you able to activate FI, BN and CW ? While CW would have only one license key, the others may need more than one and you would need to use the 'Activate New Modules' shortcut. Unless the 'base game' purchases are fairly new, you'll need both the 3.0 Upgrade and 4.0 Upgrade license keys to activate the base games.

It's not a common problem as much anymore, but sometimes security/anti-virus software can prevent the games from running. Make sure to list exceptions for the game executables and/or their main game directories to make sure there is no active interference from the security software.

Do you have 'profiles' for each of the games in your Nvidia Control Panel's 3D Settings ? This shouldn't be necessary to run on a desktop, but it might help.

If you activated any of the games by right-clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator' from the popup menu, then you may need to do that in order to run the game.

For some users the DPI Scaling causes problems. Right-click on your game executable and go to 'Properties' in the popup menu and then to the 'Compatibility' tab. In here click on the 'Change high DPI settings' button near the bottom. Typically I have both of these settings off (though I run on a standard computer display). If you have either of these checked, then possibly UNCHECK them. Otherwise you can potentially experiment with 'High DPI scaling override'.

In the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings or the Program Settings (with the games added) I would set Antialiasing - FXAA to OFF and Image Sharpening set to Off (Sharpening Off, Scaling disabled). I don't know if the latter setting would cause problems, but scaling in general might. Generally I wouldn't expect the need to create any Nvidia Control Panel profile on a desktop computer. The above settings probably would NOT prevent the games from running if they were enabled.